Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-05-2008 , 09:31 PM

Problem with slecting polygons

Greetings
I have a little annoying problem with Maya 2008. I have installed it on my laptop, however, when I select a polygon in the perspective view, the polygon face does not highlight. However, when in wireframe mode, it shows which polygon is selected.
If anybody can figure out a solution, I would be more than grateful.
Just another note, I also have 3ds max in which there are no problems with selected faces highlighting, however, I need to learn Maya for school.
Thank you very much!

# 2 26-05-2008 , 04:08 AM
Hmmm, might be a graphics card issue? Possibly try the latest drivers?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 26-05-2008 , 08:48 AM
Senior Software Developer
This could also be a geometry issue, and it has dbl faces (one on top of the other). If you finaly get a highlight, can you delete the face, but still see a face there?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 27-05-2008 , 12:00 AM
Thank you both very much for answering post.
However, as I predicted before, it was indeed a driver problem and not a double geometry issue.
I had a long fight with installing new drivers (error kept coming up) so I just had to remove the old ones and rely on windows on automatic update.
It worked wonders and now I can learn maya without any frustrations.
Love your quote Ransid, I'm a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix.

So, hopefully my road to learning maya will not be bumpy, and with any luck, I will get back to this forum to post my work... or more technical issues

# 5 27-05-2008 , 01:14 PM
Update: polygons stopped highlight again, so I turned hardware acceleration down to disable direct x applications acceleration which fixed the problem.