Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 02-08-2010 , 02:36 AM
The Nurb Herd
lol i like how you added credits and sound effects to your previz.
the camera move on shot 05 needs changing imo. it moves right in front of the boulder.

# 17 02-08-2010 , 03:50 AM
@bullet1968 Hmmm, Pirates of the West...interesting concept, haha.

@hammer.horror I thought the boulder was a nice touch but I'll play around with it and see if I can make something work a little better. Thanks m8.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 18 02-08-2010 , 09:05 AM
Nice update on the modelling perfecto, real nice work user added image

# 19 02-08-2010 , 11:00 AM
The Nurb Herd

Originally posted by Perfecto

@hammer.horror I thought the boulder was a nice touch but I'll play around with it and see if I can make something work a little better. Thanks m8.

I just think having a boulder fill the screen seems like a mistake. not to mention its a little boring, if it was reversed and there was a lizard or something on the rock that runs away that would work. The move seems quite fast too.

# 20 02-08-2010 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
Hey Perfecto,

The modeling from the train looks good so far! Take that concept through the hole Scene! Nice style I like that!

But I have some thougts that I have to participate.

First you must think about your story, is that really that great story, for what you will take so much hours!

You told right that concept work and storyboarding is usefull and it is necessary of course! :attn:
Your story is missing the main concepts of film making, there is no anticipation! The plot is unmotivated.
There is no suspence or human emotion in the movie, Everthing is mechanical without life and thats to bad about it!

There could be a passanger who is in dangerous hury and your plot would have an effect to the scene.
You the viewer knows now that he can´t arrive on time and the suspence is born! What will he do to arrive on time!?
Something like that would boost that short I think!
But I´m interested in and watching for updates!

Best regards

# 21 02-08-2010 , 06:30 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looks great! You're definitely going about this the right way. Really like the pre-vis. Mayastatic does have a point about adding some more emotional element to it. I hadn't thought about it really, but a couple reaction shots of either a person or the train itself would sell it.

# 22 03-08-2010 , 05:11 PM
@Mayastatic I should have mentioned this before but I'm actually not telling any kind of story although I have to say it's very enticing. This train animation is actually for a competition. I didn't say anything because it wouldn't be appropriate for me to mention where the comp is in case anyone wanted to know.

It's just a simple competition to animate a train approaching a bridge that gets destroyed somehow. After the comp is over though, perhaps I will make a short story out of it especially since I'm finding animation to be as fun if not more fun than modeling...never thought I'd hear myself say that. In fact it's soooooo much fun working on the animation that I might start doing more and more animation.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 23 03-08-2010 , 06:11 PM
The thin red line
Just a idea Perfecto
Two birds one on the rock that fall another on the other side of the canyon, the safe bird calls over to the other bird, the other bird flies to the safe one then they both watch the events unfold, at the end the safe bird looks at the other bird up and down then steps away.................dave

# 24 03-08-2010 , 07:34 PM
Hey Perfecto user added image if you need any help with this just check out toy story 3 mate watched it yday and it has a awesome sequence at the beginning with a train sequence very much like what your after user added image, hope it helps mate

# 25 03-08-2010 , 09:21 PM
EduSciVis-er
I was going to say that... but I thought it might be a spoiler... ***SPOILER*** even though it does happen in the opening sequence.

# 26 03-08-2010 , 09:33 PM
Yeah, well i haven't mentioned anything to do with the film and its in the trailer as well so I didn't think anyone would mind, sorry if I did

# 27 03-08-2010 , 09:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
no no, it's fine I'm sure.

# 28 03-08-2010 , 09:44 PM
Lifetime Member
****SPOILED**** bahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 29 03-08-2010 , 10:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
haha, yeah i noticed that too, I also saw it yesterday.