Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-11-2003 , 03:16 AM

Maya 5 & reverse foot????

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anybody has a clue as to what is going on here?
I've been trying to set up a simple reverse foot setup in maya 5, i've done it 100 times before in 4.5 and it works perfectly! However, i've just tried exactely the same setup in 5 and it does'nt seem to be working? the bones seem to work right but when i skin it to a model the RFBall bone makes not only the ankle raise up but also makes the toes move under the ground, which it should'nt, the RFBall should not effect the toes but it does?????
I've even downloaded a pre-setup leg rig from VFS and it does the same? I've included the file here so you guys can tell me if it just me or not! Any help would be cool, thanks. James.

Attached Files
File Type: mb reversefootlocktest.mb (67.6 KB, 265 views)
# 2 28-11-2003 , 02:53 PM

sorted it.

Seems after a bit of messin around i've sorted it! user added image It was simply really, it seems that by default Maya sets the ik handle's stickiness to off, turn it on and yepee it works!

Thanks anyway user added image

"1.21 GIGAWATTS"