Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-11-2005 , 10:09 PM
Lifetime Member

Nov/Dec - Noob - MarkeMark

I'm going to keep it very simple as I don't have a lot of time but I still want to keep my hand in on Maya. I plan to create a still life of these simple objects which I found on my desk at home.

These three objects have quite a nice selection of clean and rough surfaces which I aim to re-create in Maya, even down to the composition and shadows.

Mark user added image

# 2 16-11-2005 , 10:10 PM
Lifetime Member
And here is the image in question...

Mark user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 16-11-2005 , 11:03 PM
19 year Veteran
Markemark, (where have I heard that name before?) There is nothing challenging about what you want to enter. I reccomend going for something industrial. Something with moving parts mabe?

# 4 17-11-2005 , 09:15 AM
Lifetime Member
I thought the challenge to was to make the objects as real as possible. That in itself is a MASSIVE challenge and I usually try for complex and difficult challenges and never complete them.

If I have time I will add more desktop objects as I go.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Mark user added image

# 5 17-11-2005 , 10:48 AM
19 year Veteran
Mike could very well chime in on this. I reccomend you post your idea in the challenge rules thread and see what he thinks.

# 6 17-11-2005 , 11:34 AM
Lifetime Member
I haven't used Maya in a while and would like a simple challenge to ease myself back into it. I'm also doing a lot a tutorials to try and catch up.

Those new texturing tuts look amazing!!

Mark user added image