Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-01-2008 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber

Changing colour of a curve?

Hi

How do I change the colour of a nurbs curve? I can't seem to asign a shader to it. Im rigging a character and want to colour coordinate the controls.

Thanks!
Simon

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 2 25-01-2008 , 02:26 PM
Jr.Who
Hmm… maybe put it on a layer and change the color of the layer?

# 3 25-01-2008 , 02:37 PM
Subscriber
That didn't work I'm afraid user added image

# 4 25-01-2008 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
As Jr. Who said, putting curves in layers and changing the layer curves would be the best way to go about it.

Chris

# 5 25-01-2008 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
Must have been doing something wrong as it worked that time. Thanks! Is there a way of hiding all the layers? I'm trying to make the rig like TSM2 which doesn't have layers for every colour.

# 6 29-01-2008 , 12:37 AM
well you can do it one layer at a time, by just unchecking each layer's visibility... as far as all at once, not sure. don't have maya in front of me (or have it on a computer with an internet connection anymore <sigh>) so i can't play around til i get an answer for ya, sorry.

Accept no substitutions.