Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-09-2011 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber

problem with smoothing!

Hi guys,

I wondered if anybody out there could help me. I seem to have a problem when smoothing an object. The mesh smooths apart from the very corners. They remain very sharp. I have tried to play around with the settings in the smooth option box ( and I am sure this problem is solveable) but it is just a question of knowing which option to adjust. The problem arises if I choose to smooth a mesh through the edit scroll down options, or if I press 3 on the keyboard.

# 2 30-09-2011 , 08:39 PM
The thin red line
Have you got any screen shots..........dave

# 3 30-09-2011 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber

Have you got any screen shots..........dave

I have attached a screenshot (or I hope it worked anyway).

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 30-09-2011 , 09:06 PM
The thin red line
Have you delete some edges and left some verts behind, go into vert mode and see if you have extra verts...........dave

Edit:if that does not work run a clean mesh

# 5 30-09-2011 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber

I have attached a screenshot (or I hope it worked anyway).

I have found the answer (or the solution). For anyone else that has the same problem, then you need to go onto the attribute editor/extra controls and select legacy. Not really sure on why, but it has worked...

# 6 30-09-2011 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber

I have found the answer (or the solution). For anyone else that has the same problem, then you need to go onto the attribute editor/extra controls and select legacy. Not really sure on why, but it has worked...

Dave - I had checked the verts first, but thanks for taking the time anyway.