Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-07-2006 , 04:44 AM

Transforming polygon faces by their Normals?

Lets say I select 10 faces with normals pointing in different directions, is it possible to move each relative to its normal at the same time?? I realize you can align the pivot to ONE of the faces, but I want each to move independently on their own axis relative to their normal. Any ideas??

Thanks!

# 2 21-07-2006 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
unfortunately maya [even v 7.0] still doesnt have a solid tool to move/slide/scale along normal.

but its possible, but only works on poly verts. select the face u want to scale along their normals, then convert them to verts [edit poly>selection>convert>to verts]
then in the edit poly menu there is the move component tool. that will move them locally in the normal direction.

# 3 22-07-2006 , 07:48 AM
Ah, as it turns out there is a very good tool for moving multiple faces by their normals! Thanks for trying though.

Edit Polygons -> Move Component

works just as I wanted!!