Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-08-2007 , 10:09 PM
Lifetime Member

right click marking menu

OK i'm using Maya 8.5 but in previous versions of Maya when I right click on and object and select a component i.e vertex, it used to automatically enable component selection mask so i could drag a selection and select vertex only on that object.This is not the case with me in 8.5 , the selection mask remains on all objects so when i drag a selection the vertex of the original object get selected but i also select other object at the same time so now I have to press F8 to initiate the selection mask or hit spacebar and change the mask in the hotbox.
Finally to the question ...can anyone tell me how to chnge the right click menu so that when the vertex or face selections are chosen the componet mask changes automatically like in previous versions of Maya?

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 2 17-08-2007 , 03:51 AM
Hey John,

I cant say ive had thet problem (i'm on 8.5 SP1too) I do know that when I installed it I borught over my settings, maybe its a setting?

Might be worth having a lookin the help files in the "whats new" section, that might tell you of any changes???

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 17-08-2007 , 06:39 PM
Lifetime Member
Steve i've been looking through the help files for a few days now and can't find the anything regarding this setting hence the question user added image

guess I will have to live with it ..thanks for letting me know that it's not a default 8.5 situation though.

# 4 17-08-2007 , 06:59 PM
Lifetime Member
ok I think I might have cured it , i turned off the ignore selection priority modifier in the selection preferences.
Hopefully this will not affect anything else in my workflow.

# 5 17-08-2007 , 08:39 PM
Thought you probably would have looked before leaping!

Glad you got it sorted, like I said it's fine with me so it must have been something with the preferences that got carried over from maya 6.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle