Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-12-2002 , 11:52 AM
Subscriber

Camera - Matrix

Have you seen movement of the camera on matrix?
it goes on a circle around the object but goes down and the up while doing that circle movement.I've tried doing it with a nurbs circle and creating a motion path with the camera..then changed the vertexes so the the circle was down and up (like the movement) but the camera doesn't exactly look at the object straight but it follows the up and downs..I hope you understand..

Please help! :-) user added image

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 10-12-2002 , 12:35 PM
You need to use a camera with aim instead of a regular camera. Create -> Cameras -> Camera and Aim (or something like that). The camera will then look at the aim locator regardless of it's translation...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 10-12-2002 , 01:07 PM
Subscriber
Yes, but it won't attach on my circle!
Attach to motion path doesn't work with camera and aim!
try for yourself to see..

Ioannis KarAvas
# 4 10-12-2002 , 03:02 PM
Oh, didn't know that... Maybe you could attach a locator to the path and then point constrain the camera to the locator. Dunno... I have to check this later...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 5 10-12-2002 , 03:36 PM
Ok, the locator idea wasn't that good either. But here's something that works:

- Create a camera with aim.
- Group the camera (camera only, not the aim) with itself.
- Attach the newly created group to the motion parh.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 6 10-12-2002 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
Ok thanks.. i did it (not with your method though...) but thank you...it was your first idea that helped me.

Ioannis KarAvas
# 7 11-12-2002 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
if you ever see the making of the matrix it's about 60 still camera placed around in a giant circle going up and down backed by a green screen looks pretty amazing then they shoot the dodginy scene and go around in the camerass giving it a circling look don't know if you can do it any other way by creating 60 cameras

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 8 11-12-2002 , 11:56 AM
Subscriber
Yes, i've seen it..but keep that in mind..60 cameras were used in order to create a 3d reconstruction of Keanu Reeves,since i am going to do this in 3d with all objects in 3d the sure thing is that i don't need 60 cameras.

Ioannis KarAvas
# 9 30-12-2002 , 04:43 PM
Actualy, those camera rigs were not used to grab 3d volumetric data from Keanu.

A CyberScan(tm) rig was used for that.

One thing I would suggest is to find the actual curve of your current camera path, (best done via mel), then duplicate your camera and that curve, and create a new scene file with the new camera and curve data so that you can simply adjust the framerate of your shot from, say, 30 fps to 120fps, render it out, and co,p that into your original shot at the right placeuser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com