Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-01-2005 , 07:48 PM

mel woes

I have a mel script I am trying to load and use everytime MAYA loads just as a CV or EP curve tool would. Simple right? wrong I have googled my arse off and searched all the forums and found doo doo. I have the Mel Script in the docs settings folder in the scripts folder and the .bmp icon the the icon folder. From there I have no idea on what to do. I have created a shelf to put them on but don't know how to put them on there.

thanks for any help

Moff

# 2 19-01-2005 , 08:59 PM
Subscriber
Moffiosso,

Go into Maya's Command Line and type source *script name*. Then select that line and middle mouse drag it to the shelf you want it in. Click the black arrow to the left of the shelves. Select Shelf Editor. Here you are able to add a pop-up name/description to your tool as well as an abbreviation for it. You are also able to link your icon to your tool as well.

Hope that helps out.

John 'Zimm' Zimmermann
Setup Artist
https://johnzimmermann.com

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - A. Einstein
# 3 19-01-2005 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber
Type the name of the mel script in the editor at the bottom of the page. Then highlight the text and middlemouse drag and drop onto your custom shelf. You should now see a new icon.
To rename the icon you will have to edit the shelf by clicking on the small black triangle on the left hand side (before the start of the shelf).
you can then name the icon or change the icon pic etc

Search the help files that come with Maya.. They tell you all about the shelf and how to add/remove etc

# 4 20-01-2005 , 12:55 AM
Sweet thanks guys

# 5 20-01-2005 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
No Problem.

John 'Zimm' Zimmermann
Setup Artist
https://johnzimmermann.com

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - A. Einstein