Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 18-10-2006 , 08:28 AM
ooops... I apologize for not scanning over this thread a bit better before posting.

It really does look great!
excellent work!

# 32 18-10-2006 , 11:18 AM

realy nice work

just a thought tho ... almost nobody in the world can develope ab's that are simetrical even the top body builders very rarley get them even it might be a nice final touch to shift one side up a bit just a touch of realism ... just a thought

# 33 20-10-2006 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
Finished with the forearm, now on to the hands...

Attached Thumbnails
# 34 24-10-2006 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
Haha Minstrel, WOW takes too much of most peoples time...
it is fun but a huge waste as you actually achieve nothing...
Anyway, I thought the picuture you posted after my post was much more accurate, just watch the side profile, toes still need a tiny bit of work and your abs need to be a little more imperfect in sizes and alignment...
Being a semi-bodybuilder myself I have seen guys that are gargantuan and are totally not in proportion, so don't stress too much, just try find the correct balance that looks right to you.

Awesome work, keep it up, can't wait to see more!!!!!!! user added image

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>
# 35 25-10-2006 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
Thx for the comments toxic. You are right about finding the balance...
In any case, I will add assymetries after I finish the one side and start fooling around puting it all together. In the mean time I have done some work on the hands and attached them to the body. I am not happy with them so I will be redoing them (well, tweaking the one I had saved before attaching to the body), but at least the picture gives an idea of what this thing will look like.

I reworked the abs area some more.

Attached Thumbnails
# 36 26-10-2006 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
Here are my final hands...now i need to attach them, but you can see some of the detail.

Attached Images
# 37 26-10-2006 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
And here they are attached...

Attached Thumbnails
# 38 26-10-2006 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
man he is ripped lol. is that the gi render. anwyas this think looks very sweet, ur body lines are very details and nicely defined. man i wish i new how to model organic.

# 39 26-10-2006 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber
99G thx for comments, the render is just MR with and MR occlusion node mapped to the color of a blinn shader. Very basic actually. I may end up doing a Final Gather render once I'm done with him.

I added a belly button already and did more tweaks to the legs and torso. Now im thinking about what kinds of cloths to put on him...he wont have many cloths on. Ive never rigged anything before but id love to experiment setting up a walk cycle with him.

# 40 27-10-2006 , 01:16 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Minstrel

Looks good so far, my only crit is that I think you need to round out the torso a little more as its still a bit blocky...

Otherwise its good so far

Cheers
Jay

# 41 27-10-2006 , 02:34 AM

this is looking so cool

just woundering weather the 6 pac ends a little high, it seems that the belly buton wound be a little higher than it should not sure could be just me

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 42 27-10-2006 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
Bruce, just for you, here is the belly button.

Jay, i tried rounding out the torso some more. I tweaked quite a bit but i dont see a significant change...maybe with your fresh eyes you can give an opinion as to whether it looks better.

Attached Thumbnails
# 43 27-10-2006 , 08:27 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Minstrel

It looks okay from here, perhaps a side view too would show some difference as well

Cheers
Jay

# 44 28-10-2006 , 03:42 AM
Subscriber
I'll post a side view tonight.

thx

# 45 28-10-2006 , 04:39 AM
hey Minstrel - this is coming along great - I like the hands a lot.

Aside from the overall symmetry of the muscles, my main crit would be that in the side view the whole thing looks a little vertical. Usually the different parts of the body will sit at a opposing angles. So the ribcage will lean back on its axis and the pelvis will lean forward. Similarly, the same thing happens with the leg. At the moment everything looks a little straight up and down which is making him look a little stiff.