Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-02-2008 , 11:52 AM

comment on The Fantasy Female DVD

i really hated the way he changed the whole head features between video 4 and video 5 without showing you step by step , why didn't he make the head in video 5 when modeling from video 1 to 4, video 4 finished head looks like alien head and video 5 female head looks more elegant.

# 2 06-02-2008 , 04:03 PM
Modeling is something that takes time to get really good results and to try and put it all in a tut that is not overly long seeing me pull verts for another hour or boring to watch because im repeating over and over again the same technique. Its a challenge for any tut maker.

Its a fine line and a judgement call on my part of what to show and what to leave out.

There is a lot of tweaking inbetween some sections adjusting shapes. I can promise you that their is nothing new i do between sections once i've showen you the techniques on shaping adding geometry etc. Its all a lot of pulling and refining which in time will get the shape you see in the part 5. Just takes a lot of practise

. Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 09-02-2008 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
i have to say after doing the ninja tut i found the jump in head detail/topology annoying
however i think it was the best move for me as it forced me to think for myself trying tchniques i learnt on my own meaning that i learn t a lot more rather than remember how to model a ninja head this looks like that i can model generic heads

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 09-02-2008 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber
I liked the video, I haven't actually modeled it yet but I've watched it, I think at the moment it's still a little too advanced for me to try but hopefully with any luck soon I'll be modeling this female and put my own little twist on this character.

# 5 10-02-2008 , 04:42 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by pbman
i have to say after doing the ninja tut i found the jump in head detail/topology annoying.

totally agree... when i saw this i got abit buzzed off though i reckon it was the right move aswell since it lets the user to work freely instead of copying every single movement.

Last edited by marlonjohn; 10-02-2008 at 04:45 AM.