Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-02-2003 , 11:03 PM

Falling Dominos

hi,

can anyone help me on creating 'falling dominos'. I came to know that it can be done using hinge constraint. but i'm unable to do it.

i've tried a lot but in vain.

user added image

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
# 2 23-02-2003 , 03:40 AM
Simply Maya OG
Line up ur dominos, then try adding a hing constraint on the bottom of the object. Im not too sure wich you make them passive or rigid bodies, ect tho.

- Hybrid
# 3 23-02-2003 , 05:19 AM
Subscriber
The ideal way would be to make all of them active rigid bodies and the ground they are on a passive rigid body. You can then make the first domino have an initial force that would make it fall or have another rigid body knock it over. It would also be wise to decrease all of the dominos' bounciness value a little. Your system will slow down a lot if you don't.

As for doing it with hinge constraints, Make them all active rigid bodies, then create a hiunge contraint for each domino and position it near the bottom of the domino. You can then have some force to knock the first one over. This is a very impractical way of doing dominos, though.

# 4 28-02-2003 , 03:15 PM
Hi. It's simple. You create a nurbs or polygonal plan and set it to passive rigid body. Then create the domino pieces and align them in a row lying in the plane you've just created. Assign them a active rigid body node and a gravity field. Then, you just need to put a initial velocity or some other force to the firt piece and the others will fall!!!! That's easy.

If you like this reply, please send me some answer.

Zephirus