Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-03-2003 , 04:23 PM
Simply Maya OG

History-Type Problem

Im working on my skatepark, and after i made all the objects I needed, I opened up my Outliner, and all the Cube shapes are like grouped into themselfs. Hopefully the attached picture will help explain what Im talking about. I tried deleting the history on all the cubes, but still they stay the same. Shouldnt each object be by itself, with nothing parented with/to it? Another note: I had construction History turned OFF. Does that make any difference?

- Hybrid
# 2 23-03-2003 , 05:23 PM
The Maya Mountain
Actually that is correct. Every object is composed of TWO nodes. The "Object Node" and the "Shape Node." The Object Node controls the objects location in 3D space, while the Shape Node keeps track of the actual geometry. If you'd rather not display the Shape Nodes, right click and uncheck "Show Shapes."

# 3 23-03-2003 , 07:31 PM
Simply Maya OG
Thanx for clearing that up Mike. user added image

- Hybrid