Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-11-2004 , 08:25 AM

$500 for Training, what to do?

So I got some good news at my crappy office job today. Turns out my company has a bit of unused cash budgeted for employee training, and as a result, my boss has allocated me $500 for educational/training purposes. Take a night class, attend a seminar, something like that. Even though my position has little to do with computer graphics, my boss is cool enough to let the relevance issue slide.

My question is, what to do? I have to spend it by the end of the year, so attending Siggraph is impossible. Are there any big conventions or training sessions in the US? How about Pixar's Pixar University?

I'd hate to waste an opportunity like this, but really can't think of any options. Help?

# 2 02-11-2004 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
I am new to Maya, but I think you need to decide specifically what you want to learn, whether it is modeling, animating, rendering, etc. $500 won't get you much in the way of specialized Maya courses, unfortunately, based on what I have seen, unless you can find something at a local community college, perhaps. I don't know about the convention scheduling. Your best bet might be to look for online instruction (assuming that's cool with your boss), and practice.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas A. Edison
# 3 03-11-2004 , 12:27 AM
That's a lot of training SM DVDs or points! user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 03-11-2004 , 01:13 AM
Yeah, points are cool. user added image Now, just to get me some....

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 5 03-11-2004 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber

That's a lot of training SM DVDs or points!

my thought user added image

# 6 03-11-2004 , 01:18 PM
Subscriber
i'd love to pay £500 for a course but the courses i am looking at are around £3000. user added image

# 7 06-11-2004 , 11:52 PM
get ******'s training dvd.it'll be worth your money .....