Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 13-09-2006 , 06:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
!!!!!!!!

What?!!!

Are you sure dude, talk about stepping back!! This way will kill your patience if you couldnt hack the last head.

Juy

# 32 13-09-2006 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber
In the last one, I wasn't really learning how to model the head. It was so step by step, and redoing the loops that I didnt understand what was going on. Its not that I couldn't handel it, it's more of that I wouldnt be able to do it again if I didnt fallow the instructions again, step by step.

# 33 13-09-2006 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
Okay... whatcha think?

user added image

# 34 14-09-2006 , 06:17 AM
hey eldwick
nice face loops. most proportions are ok, but the nose needs to be detailed; there is not difference between the tip and the nostrils. you got a smooth blending from tip to nostrils but the tip has to be thinner and more pointed. search for a side-blueprint of a human head.
onetoe

may cg be with u
# 35 20-09-2006 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
Been busy lately so havnt updated in a while, but here is the next update

user added image

# 36 21-09-2006 , 10:19 AM
This is definately looking better but it is beginning to look more like a cartoon type model. It may be worth getting more reference images to try and make it look more realistic (if that's what you're going for, if it's not keep at it mate, looking good) because from the angle of the pic, it looks like the chin and the jawbone are far too narrow to be realistic.

And I just have to say, that is one mother of a nose user added image

# 37 21-09-2006 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber
okay thank you Rostoons, I went over it and tried for a more realistic face:

user added image

# 38 21-09-2006 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
Moved the ears back and fixed the mouth, can anyone else spot anything?

hmm still think the chin is to thin will change tommarow
user added image

Last edited by Eldwick; 21-09-2006 at 08:25 PM.
# 39 22-09-2006 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber
started body
user added image

Last edited by Eldwick; 22-09-2006 at 02:25 PM.
# 40 22-09-2006 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Basic body shape, definition tommarow. Again, still learning all CC helps
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 41 22-09-2006 , 03:49 PM

male head

i have just read your thread and being very new to 3d myself have little to add on that level ,but would strongly advice you take a look at a book called Artistic Anatomy
Author(s): PAUL RICHER . firstly it has fantastic drawings of all bits of humans but it also gives great descriptions of what will happen to these bits as they move ... it would have to be at least one of the definitive texts, well worth a look ... soft cover is only about $30.00 or somthing ... Hogarth is also worth a look its a little more for cartooning but still very good

# 42 22-09-2006 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
Thanks bruce dwyer, Ill look into it, did you buy it online or can I just pick one up at ate store?

# 43 23-09-2006 , 06:01 PM

male head

i bought mine such along time ago there were still a few of the stuburn dinosaurse about picking the ice off their nostrils waiting for the the weather to turn. but i digress, any art supply shop worth its weight should sell it, otherwise i found a copy for sale at Amazon it said $18.00 but i dont know what nationality i was looking at

# 44 23-09-2006 , 06:13 PM

body under the head

Firstly i would just like to make it clear i am very new to 3d . but one thing that i notice that may give you grief later is the groin area between the legs you have them splitting off a single point but structuraly the legs spring from the out side of the hips and their is allways a space between the legs ... even in the case of extremely fat people this area is tied with facial straps meaning that it can not build up fat at the joint so there is always a crease here that generaly goes down to where there is meat. thighs may swell back out all most imediatly but the gap is still there

# 45 23-09-2006 , 09:37 PM
hi eldwick
your torso looks quite good and those legs seem to be also well shaped so far. but u have to work on the anatomy of the arms, especially the positions of the muscels. i think u got to read some anatomy theory, because u have to understand where a muscel have to be to move a part of the body. you gave the lower arm a muscle, which is hanging like a sack to the bones - in reality this is a thin muscle which is streched by a sinew, so there cant be such a transition from lower arm to hand. for exemple. the arms may be a bit to long..
the part between the legs was discussed yet, i would just slide down the hip loops and get a new loop between so u have some vertex to define the required space for some genitals.
ah, and there is no smooth transition form head to torso, maybe there are phong breaks [maya noob suggestion]
so far. nice process!
onetoe

may cg be with u