Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 27-01-2009 , 11:51 PM

Render issues

Ok so here's my eternal problem with maya.
Everytime I import a scene, for example a motorcycle I made in one scene, I want to pass it to the scene of the character.. so I import the motorcycle to the scene of a character, then try to render, but its imposible :
Mental ray encountered a fatal error.The system may have become unstable.Please save the scene and EXIT.

And thats it with all my proyects. I get stuck because maya dont want to render my scenes. its no even too complex, just some background and a character and stuff like that.
I need some help quickly, cuz I cant continue working with maya like this, right know im modeling a scene, something like a castle for my witch character, and right now im trying some test renders, and like i guess, its not going to render.

# 2 28-01-2009 , 02:17 AM
that's weird - so that happens every time you import a model into another scene? even with just a cube and sphere? have you tried resetting the import options or playing with them, or maybe saving as a different file type?

# 3 28-01-2009 , 03:58 PM
With objects like a cube no.. its with objects a little bit more complex, but its like even If I import the objects, then render, and the render crashes.. even If I delete the objects and then try to render again it wont render. even if I put down the resolution in 50 x 50 or so, It the same.

I now after effects and some composition .. but I need at least to work with the scene and the character and THEN render in layers, to composite, but i know It wont render in layer, cuz I have try it in other proyects and its the same result.

Im going to try just importing the floor area.. and render like that, in one scene, and then the rest in the other scene.. its a PAIN in the ass work like this..

I have save as .mb .ma
Those are the formats I usualy work.. if you have another idea plz let my know..
Well if my object its just POLY.. I could export as a .OBJ file. In this case maybe will work dude cuz everything its poly.. but in other case, I have a motorcycle, and has some sub-d parts, and my character has sub-s.. so wont work as a .OBJ

# 4 28-01-2009 , 05:25 PM
oh - yeah - that's a pain user added image - i was thinking about exporting as OBJ, but that's all i can think of, other than obvious stuff like making sure history is deleted and the scene's is clear of any unnecessary junk... sorry.