Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-03-2009 , 01:31 AM

Number of Installs and Windows+Mac question

Hey guys, quick and rather general question--
I have Maya 2008 (student) for PC and run it on Windows XP. I've installed it on two computers and it hasn't given me any indication, but I may want to install it when I get a laptop, so I've got two questions:

1. How many installs would a student version of Maya allow, and how could I find the number left if there is a limit?

2. If I get a Mac laptop, how much trouble would I have to go to to get a Windows Maya to work on it? Would a simple Windows XP emulator work, or is there a lot more?

Thanks,

~I have no idea what I'm doing~
# 2 19-03-2009 , 07:26 AM
Strange that you've managed to get it to work with 2 PC's as I though the licence used the mac address of the PC to determine the licence form Autodesk.

If you do want to move the licence over you need to get in contact with autodesk licencing to get it moved over to the Mac.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 19-03-2009 , 07:13 PM
Oh and you'll need the mac version of the software (it should be on the CD that you got). Then again |I wouldent get an hidiously overpriced PC with a flashey free based OS, but thats me.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 20-03-2009 , 05:35 AM
Thanks for the mac-pc advice.

Anyone on the number of installs?

~I have no idea what I'm doing~