Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-03-2011 , 08:55 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

March Challenge Final Entries

Hey All

well the end of the March challenge draws to a close in a day or two. Looks like some serious work has been going on too and those involved seem to be enjoying themselves - cool!!

Anyway please can you all have your final entries in here by the end of YOUR 31st March. We understand that not all of you live in the same time zones.

Final Image(s) to be no bigger than 1024, and if you want to do an animation of it please feel free to do so using an appropriate server or well known video sites

good luck to those still in the running

Jay

# 2 31-03-2011 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
Its now ten to midnight here in the UK and no-ones posted anything ????
Whats going on - Have you all missed this notice

# 3 01-04-2011 , 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
My entry user added image

It's 8pm here.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 4 01-04-2011 , 12:57 AM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 5 01-04-2011 , 02:34 AM
Had some severe time problems with a recent promotion at work and had a fairly high poly count and textures im not used to was really bogging down my computer down. So although its not exactly how i wanted it i did come up with a few new modeling techniques that will benefit me in the future and i can plan ahead better in the future for this type of scene.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 01-04-2011 , 02:55 PM
Dammit!

I've been so caught up with work that I completely forgot about yesterday being the final date!
Oh well, good luck to those who do have a brain that remembers things...lol

# 7 01-04-2011 , 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Dammit!

I've been so caught up with work that I completely forgot about yesterday being the final date!
Oh well, good luck to those who do have a brain that remembers things...lol

Hopefully the deadline isn't so rigid that you can't still post. You did a lot of work, would be a shame if you couldn't. What say you Jay?

- Genny
# 8 01-04-2011 , 08:21 PM
Administrator
I'll answer for Jay as it's Friday night in the UK and he tends to be hitting the town in his little black dress about now user added image heading into the great unknown....

Add your entry Dango, should be just fine with Jay. The more the merrier!

# 9 01-04-2011 , 09:08 PM
EduSciVis-er

I'll answer for Jay as it's Friday night in the UK and he tends to be hitting the town in his little black dress about now user added image heading into the great unknown....

That's funny... I coulda sworn I saw him in a red one...

# 10 01-04-2011 , 09:15 PM
The thin red line
No that was me stwert only on friday night, must be a English thing.........dave

# 11 01-04-2011 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber
And you English have a pop at us welsh tut tut tut.

So far my fav is GecT - I keep having to check that`s not a photo, but I love Some guys overall image - have done from day one, but in a environment challenge loses out but only just

Hoping some more finish up. Still jutted I had to drop out but then my GF has only just let me open Maya again (even then its only because of my interview).

Last edited by tweetytunes; 01-04-2011 at 09:53 PM.
# 12 01-04-2011 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
no point in me posting such a disappointing entry user added image
too much stuff popped up...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 13 01-04-2011 , 10:19 PM
The thin red line
I have to agree with Tweeny my fav is Genny the only thing that catches my eye is there is no interaction with the waves and the grass, someguys was good but did not take on board peoples suggestions to make the legs more detailed.Twisteddragon33 will have learned some thing from doing this and hope he takes it on to the next challenge, thats the idea of the challenges you move a little more out of your comfort zone...........dave

Last edited by daverave; 01-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
# 14 02-04-2011 , 12:18 AM
Ran out of time, and didn't get a chance to finish it up. But I still had fun participating. user added image

# 15 02-04-2011 , 12:45 AM
19 year Veteran
Great entries folks! Wish I could have posted something from my proposed idea. Kept getting pulled away from it. I got my idea to the z-brush stage and then it stopped. These challenges need to go back to 2 month time limits. One month is not enough.