Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-08-2003 , 05:31 AM

How to close the ends of a loft?

If you have a lofted surface with the two ends of this simple lofted surface still open, how do you close them up?.. I dont know if its clear enough what im asking for.

Thanks,
Imp

# 2 07-08-2003 , 05:39 AM
The Maya Mountain
Look for the Close option in the Loft options.

# 3 07-08-2003 , 09:40 AM
Unfortunately that didnt work, i lofted from one end of curves to another along 5 different sized curves, and then when i turned on the close option, it just merged the ends of each one, so that the right and left side joined in the middle of the object i made, im just trying to find an easy way to make a rounded curved side to this object, here is a picture of what i have. And where i want to close it up.

Thanks,
Imperator
:bgreen:

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 07-08-2003 , 12:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
Oh, I see.

What I usually do is insert an isoparm close to the edge, then scale in the hull on the end.

user added image

# 5 07-08-2003 , 04:10 PM
I know these are rather simple questions, but this is my first time playing round with nurbs, how do you merge points together on a nurbs surface?, so when i scale the hull down it will close up user added image

Thanks,
Imperator
:bgreen:

# 6 07-08-2003 , 04:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
You don't. You just scale them down so that the hole is too small to see.

# 7 08-08-2003 , 08:36 PM

you can do this...

Hello !

Well, I know this problem. The method you can do, is simply that:

1. select the isoparm on the outside
2. Edit Curves-->Duplicate Surface Curve

After that you will have a copy from the outer isoparm on the surface. Don´t move it.

Now, select this new created curve.
Right Mousclick --> Curve Point. Select one direct on the new curve. The point is yellow.

After that-->Edit Curves-->Detach Curves.

This will produce two independent curves. And if you will select both, you can make a loft.

ciao,
bernhard

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at