Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-01-2004 , 12:52 PM

grid snapping while scaling?

Super newbie question: I can't seem to figure out how to snap to the grid while I am scaling things. It works find with the move tool, but I'm not having luck with the scale tool. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't seem to find information on this. Your help will be appreciated, thanks.

# 2 14-01-2004 , 01:48 PM
Simply Maya OG
As to my knowledge, you cant snap to grid when scaling. I think its only for moving objects. I may be wrong.....but Ive never snaped to grid when scaling....

- Hybrid
# 3 14-01-2004 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
same here. I don't think it can be done. Lord knows why they haven't implemented such a feature into Maya yet because it would really help.

# 4 14-01-2004 , 10:56 PM
i dont think you can do it. but it would be helpfull if snap to grid was accessable to more features. I think a rotate/snap to grid would be personally very helpful.

# 5 15-01-2004 , 04:56 AM
Subscriber
but FYI:
if u click on a channel in the channel box on a scale attribute and hold CTRL and middle mouse drag, it will contrain the channel u highlighted, and only scale other two left unhighlighted.
that's a cool feature... when modeling

# 6 15-01-2004 , 06:41 AM
i have no idea what you just said:-D

# 7 15-01-2004 , 02:42 PM
you can create a plane, match the sections with the grid, place it just at the grid height, make it a template, and then you can snap to that while you scale?

Lungs not guns....