Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 07-03-2011 , 10:37 PM
The thin red line
medicinal drinking I must tell my doctor that one, keeps telling me I drink to much....LOL.dave

Edit: on a serious note it make me think what some one will do to better in some thing they love, I do think that tweeny will get to were he wants to be it just takes time and a little luck

Last edited by daverave; 07-03-2011 at 10:57 PM.
# 17 07-03-2011 , 11:08 PM
Hi Neil,
Really sorry to hear you aren't well, I have been in the same position you're in, I too ended up in hospital with what I thought was a heart attack, and found I had been suffering from panic attacks for several months.
I'd been doing the same thing that it sounds like you had been for quite a while, spending 14-20 hours a day for months on end in front of my Pc.
Although it pains me to do it I am now forcing myself to go out for at least 3 hours a day even if I have nothing to do, just to get my blood flowing and get a change of scenery for a bit. But I have also been lucky enough to get a job where I have to go on long journeys that are miles away from home, but even on the days I dont do that I try to get as many breaks as possible.
I don't know if it's the same thing for you, but I've found exercise really has helped me, and I'm starting to feel better after doing that for a few months.
I hope that even if you don't have the same thing for similar reasons knowing someone else out there is feeling the same way helps, if you ever want to chat I'm on Facebook so you know where to find me.

Get better soon mate, we're all hoping you do.

Last edited by Dango77; 07-03-2011 at 11:10 PM.
# 18 07-03-2011 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
I can't say I know what you're going through as I've never been to a hospital other than to see people or had such bad string of events.
It sounds really sad and like everyone else I hope you recover very well.

I hear after a big bad event an equally good event springs up afterwards user added image

keep it up, dude!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 19 07-03-2011 , 11:54 PM
19 year Veteran
Get well mate and take it easy!

# 20 07-03-2011 , 11:57 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
ahh the errrrm 'medicine' ahem, yes I recall it well, LOL, yes it does make one better rather quickly.

Jay

# 21 08-03-2011 , 01:26 AM
Subscriber
Its charlotte again - my god thank you for the reply`s.

Just printing them off to give to him 2mo - I know it will mean alot to him. Hes up and laughing about - sneaked off to the kids area and stole all the marvel graphic novels to read in bed. Can anyone tell me how to read a priate message on here - it came up as a box but when I clicked ok it came up with error and did not get to read it - now its just showing up in the top corner as unread 1 but cant click it.

Thank you all, sorry for the short reply but it is 1:30 in the morning after a very long weekend.

Charlotte.

# 22 08-03-2011 , 03:19 AM
Hi Charlotte, I'm really sorry about what you all are going through. He's such a superb guy and it's people like him that make this forum such a wonderful place to visit. As far as private messages, up a little closer to the top of the page on the right, you should see "Welcome, Tweety... and under that is a link the Private Messages". Hope that helps.

We will miss him while he's recovering but we are all glad that it turned out to be panic attacks and not anything more serious.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 23 08-03-2011 , 03:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Wow...thanks Charlotte...take it easy mate...get some rest and just chill for a while. I have had similar bouts of illness due to my job (or lack of sometimes)...and I have a tendency NOT to relax and it drags out for longer. Trust me dude, just chill and TRY and forget about the world for a little while. You have a top sheila by the sounds of it mate....so you will be fine. Thanks again Charlotte....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 24 08-03-2011 , 09:31 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Sorry to hear this, hope he makes a speedy recovery!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 25 08-03-2011 , 04:12 PM
Thought I would get you some grapes to cheer you up, unfortunatly I don't think they would survive being posted so did the next best thing. 3D'd some for you

Attached Thumbnails

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 26 08-03-2011 , 06:18 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Tweety and Charlotte,

Just limit the 3D stuff a bit you make us feel like a bunch of under achievers and if you die doing 3D I can't try to beat you in a challenge user added image
I am joking of course just get well and try to enjoy doing 3D no employer will be happy with a burnt out employee before you start at a company...they really want to do that to you themselves ( yes a joke again, can't be helped...sorry user added image )

Get well and ask the doctor for a chill pill all the best

# 27 08-03-2011 , 07:14 PM
Best wishes towards a speedy recovery, and some relaxing time off.

take care,

gubar

# 28 10-03-2011 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber

Thanks too all

What more can I say but Hello - I`m back, I`m OK and of course Thank you.

I am manly enough to say your comments brought me to tears and it really hits home just how much more this site is than other 3d ones are. They all came as such a shock as I thought my girlfriend had no idea about the site, and when she gave me a print out of the thread she told me she had no idea how much I was respected at simplymaya.com

Finally home with bottles of pills but forever thankful I`m still here. That scared the living shit out of me and I am now more aware of what I have than ever. My girlfriends love I have never taken for granted, but it’s unreal how much I missed the tongue of my dog on my face - and I don`t care how wired that may sound, its true (I love my pup).

My lovely charlotte did get a few things wrong, but yes was and still am under a lot of stress but it’s not the 3D (although will be cutting it down for a while) it’s mostly the lack of a job. And I`m not talking 3D job I mean any job - bar, shop, bowling alley - even Mc D`s turned me down because the UK is messed up right now. I have never really been out of work and to think 2 years ago I had 2 jobs for the most part of year. Getting another 3D job has been my dream now for so long and I did throw myself right into it the last few weeks - that Horde Hunter clocked up a silly amount of hours. Was it worth it - in sort no - even if it had won I spent too long worrying about those silly little wings that I spent very little time with my girlfriend the last few weeks – something I`ll never do again - ever.

But I also did too much everyday - up 7/8 am when the misses went to work – going to bed at 3 am, doing all the house work and cooking because I felt like a bum - walking the dog 2 hours a day was great for her but was tiring me out but I just kept going. I was also running a lot trying to lose weight, which I thought was working - turns out it was the stress. It’s not hard to see the problem here - There was no down time - something I used to always remember but as of late something I put to the side.

Going to catch up on a full sky hd box full of films I have not had the time to watch, Going to Wales this weekend to see my family - they worried way too much, so I`ll pay them a visit, and the girlfriend just got me all 22 volumes of the ultiumate spiderman graphic novels to read in bed - she knows me too well. So soon I`ll spend a little time on the PC working on personal small projects - as 3d was one way I used to relax - thinking the nightcrawler zbrush project will be the one for now, no time limits on that one. Out of the challenge this month but many, many thx to all who posted in the thread about the different ways of lighting it, will read through it and try some of them at some point.

I know how lucky I am right now. Thanks for all the get well soon`s, offers for drinks (but I can’t due to the drugs), the grapes (cracked me right up) and support you showed my girlfriend - who wishes she knew 3D so she could spend more time here now. Thanks also to all the mods as well - so rare that so many got in touch - no other site would do that.

Sleep is calling and I somehow have to move this lump of a dog of the bed (not left my side all night bless her). And don`t worry I know rest, rest and more rest is needed and that’s all I am planning to do right now.

Many Thanks - A very lucky and hummble Tweety

# 29 10-03-2011 , 01:12 AM
Lifetime Member
Good to see you back into it sport.....take that rest mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 30 10-03-2011 , 01:58 AM
EduSciVis-er
Good to see you back Tweety... but I hope to see you here less often in the near future. Haha, joking kinda, but you know I mean that you should take it easy and not work yourself so hard for a bit. A job will come; it's a pain in so many ways not having one, but you've obviously got a great work ethic and plenty of motivation and enthusiasm, and that will pay off for you in the long run. But as you alluded to, balance is key... treasure your loved ones user added image