Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-05-2009 , 01:56 AM

Issue with a Shadowthat shouldn't be there.

I am playing around with shadows and light and found what we could all a bug. I think this is something I experienced years and years ago using Maya 2, 3 nd 3.5 so I dont know if im just not understanding some regulations here.

The shadow dropped is made from a glowing HIDDEN object. The object renders hidden as normal and gives off the glow whiles at the same time the light source (spot light) acts as if it is not a hidden objects and renders the shadow of the polygon original.

Anyone know whats the deal with this? Rather annoying. If a shadow would appear I would ASSUME it would be the glowing reference making it, ie blurred out a bit. Anyone know whats the deal?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-05-2009 , 08:38 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
you may have turned of primary invisibilit, but you haven't turned off cast and receive shadows i think, you should know tha if you are working with maya since version 2
user added image

# 3 24-05-2009 , 06:54 PM

Originally posted by mastone
you may have turned of primary invisibilit, but you haven't turned off cast and receive shadows i think, you should know tha if you are working with maya since version 2
user added image

Ofcourse, im such an idiot. Your the best. You made me remember some other details that can make it perfect with some tweaking too. Lots of kisses user added image

Hey I haven't used it for years, I am remembering things everyday, I should be happy that I chose not to take Maya 8 because I dont want to know how much differences there is in that one, cheezes.