Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-05-2003 , 03:29 AM

Movie made with Maya

This is the opening scene to any projects made with Armitrex. I had to move away from Digital Designs, because the name is common. SO... I made this. I REALY love it. It is only 300k. Its realy worth your time, at least I think it is. So please check it out. Any one who watches it, PLEASE let me know what you think...

Thanks
UG

ArmtitreX Introduction

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 29-05-2003 , 03:47 AM
Excellent job mate! user added image
I for instance find it very cool, refreshing if you want.
I wouldn´t leave the X to be yellow like that though.

Please do remember to keep the projects on one thread though mate, this is related to your other post about Armitrex.

# 3 29-05-2003 , 03:56 AM
THe X isnt yellow. It turns white like .3 secs after it turns yellow. Mabey yours didnt play all the way through. I may change the begining. Instead of the cube coming up in white, ill make it come up in the code that is shown on the cube.

PLEASE! Lots more comments. I realy want to know what people think of my animating style. 'cause this is preaty much it.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 4 29-05-2003 , 04:42 AM
I noticed that. I just had trouble making myself made understood.
When the X makes the yellow thing, it feels out of place.
I like the code idea too.

# 5 29-05-2003 , 04:49 AM
Subscriber
yeah UG, really nice work user added image- maybe a little too fast play; in my oppinion the cubes don't have to move out that far (maybe the with of the logo is enough); how did you get it down to 300 k? what about adding some sound?
(I also appreciate the .avi format)

btw, does the sign on the cubes mean anything?

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 6 29-05-2003 , 11:03 AM
Subscriber
I like it. I thought about telling you to add some kind of a background or something, add more to it somehow, but I figure simple is better. The Rare logo of www.rareware.com (video game company) just spins around and it's really cool I think. Good job mate.

# 7 29-05-2003 , 03:35 PM
Subscriber
i dont see yellow, or is that changed already? nice rubics cube - i would like it with 6 colors though :p

# 8 29-05-2003 , 09:14 PM
I orginaly planned on 6 different colors. But I dont want to pull the look to far tward the Rubik Cube. Its not a Rubik Cube. It is my way of showing that Armitrex is about 3D.

No, the yellow is still there. I may change how it apears though.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 9 30-05-2003 , 02:53 AM
hey this is really nice, very simple and effective. The only thing I would say is, make the inside faces of the little cubes a slightly off black colour cause they get lost when you the cubes spin (as the background is the same colour).

The Rare logo of www.rareware.com (video game company) just spins around and it's really cool I think.

It is a very nice logo

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 10 30-05-2003 , 02:56 AM
um.. they are off black. And you can see them. Mabey you have your gamma realy low?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 11 30-05-2003 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
It is a very nice logo

Alan

Well, the website doesn't have the real one. For some reason, Rare redesigned their site when Microsoft bought them and the quality of their site has gone way down. But one of their games for the N64 like Goldeneye 007 and watch the intro. It's a nice, high res, shiny Rare token spinning around.

# 12 30-05-2003 , 09:42 AM
Subscriber

Well, the website doesn't have the real one.

i was wondering if you wanted to make a joke - it does not spin at all in the website. but maybe i was just blind user added image