Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-10-2005 , 01:05 AM

Please i need some urgent help with a camera issue.

Hey. So im working on this Mitsubishi Eclipse model and all of a sudden i save and i get an error saying:

// Warning: Could not find an appropriate startup camera: top. A substitute will be used. //

I Try and fix things or rather tried to find the error but i cant fix it. I was using a reference plane on the camera but I had to create new ones out of poly planes.
I really want some help with this i have tried working for several days but i dont want to continue much and then have to redo everything. I tried copying and pasting all my geometry but it pastes the camera as well.

Please help me out its frustrating an di dont know if i deleted it, is there a way of creating another top camera just like the default one?

Thanks and i appreciate any help i get.

# 2 03-10-2005 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
So you're able to get into maya, but the "top" camera is missing? Have you tried resetting or deleting preferences to let maya rebuild?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 03-10-2005 , 11:07 AM
Well i opened different scenes and from what i saw it was only happening with that particular file. Ill reset the preferences a bit later today and ill let you guys know (I have a mac by the way).

Thanks ill try it out

# 4 04-10-2005 , 05:49 PM
Hi, i open maya and i dont get a camera error, its there.

When i open the car scene i have trouble with it.

Can you help me export my car and the pieces i have separated it in as well as the reference planes (made out of polys) and the reference curves.

Everytime i try to copy and paste it in a new scene it pastes everything including the camera. So could you guys help me solve hti sits annoying and i dont know how on earth to get rid of the problem :shakehead

thanks for your help.

# 5 04-10-2005 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
to reset a camera to a default, go to [in the viewport menu] view>predefined bookmarks and coose one of the defaults.
to solve ur problem, go to preferences>UI elements menu
and uncheck "when opening: restore saved layout and save Panel layout with file"

user added image

# 6 06-10-2005 , 05:36 PM
Thanks i got a top camera form the bookmarks but then i changed the 2 settings u recommended on the UI elements in preferences and i still get an error saying a top camera could not be found.

:headbang:

Its so frustrating i have tried it aaaalll and nothign works what should i do?
Perhaps Mtmckinley knows what to do hes an expert with maya...

Thanks for your help though...