Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-11-2005 , 08:52 AM

Rendering problems

I just wonder if anyone knows this problem, when I do a hardware render with a fluid container it renders the container to (left picture with the arrow) and iI donĀ“t want that. can I turn this off?

Second, the screens behind the blastdoors has incandesence and glow and it works fine until there is a second object also with incandesence and glow theese object seems to double its glow like in the picture below when they are visible at the same time. how can this be fixed?

user added image

# 2 21-11-2005 , 09:39 AM
I dont understand the first question. What do you want to turn off?

The 2nd question: maya's glows are crappy do it in post with an ID pass would be my suggestion.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 21-11-2005 , 09:49 AM
Ok, if you look at the red arrow, there is a blue line, this blue line is the edges of the fluids container and I dont wnat this to be rendered.

# 4 21-11-2005 , 09:52 AM
make the container bigger then so it doesn't touch the edge. Your picture is too small for me to clearly see what you're talking about.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 21-11-2005 , 10:02 AM
I solved it, it was just to change in (attributes/display/boundary draw) from bounding box to none.