Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-05-2007 , 10:32 AM

Help Modeling an Industrial Park

Hi , i have a problem

I need to make an industrial park in maya , the problem here is that it is so big , and i really don´t know at what size i should start modeling it .

I use like reference the grid that maya shows, but i dont know if it´s good enogh .

because some of the buildings have a to much detail.

i´m going to attatch the image that i´m using as base, and another image of how the buildings should look.

i hope that someone can help me or giveme advice of how should i start my modeling

Attached Thumbnails

Graham rodvaz
# 2 25-05-2007 , 10:52 AM
Hi,
You can go to your camera attributes and change the far clipping plane setting to a much higher setting so that you can go even bigger without your geometry dissappearing. I've got mine set at 100,000 right now.

Next, don't be afraid of going bigger. If you go to Display/Grid Option box, you can change your grid settings to suit your needs. You can also go to Window-Preference/Settings and change the units (feet v/s centimeters, etc.) in the settings section. You can also use inches or centimeters and then pretend that 1 cen = 1 foot etc. if you want it to be to scale.

If you're not doing it to scale, then I personally would definitely go bigger (maybe 2 or 3x bigger). BUT, wait a little bit to see if anyone else posts a better answer for you because I'm still a little new to all this.

Best wishes on your project.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 25-05-2007 , 12:49 PM
Beginner???

:bow:

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.