Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-04-2011 , 08:47 PM

Call of Duty VS Bad company

soo as the title says Call of Duty VS Bad company? what do you guys think? Personnaly i'm a Bad compant fan just because of the scale of the game and the feel it provides, its just a pure experience.
Bad company has the benefits of vehicles which i know can get really annoying. It also has destruction, and a few other features that the COD series doesnt provide. Tell me what you guys think. The last good Call of Duty game was COD 4!!!

# 2 13-04-2011 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber
Definitely Bad Company 2. Mainly because you can choose the pace of the game. COD is rush rush rush. I also find that COD is mostly played by adolescents. This is of course based on multiplayer experience. The single player experience COD provides is far beter then BC.

My stats:
user added image

# 3 14-04-2011 , 04:21 AM
Lifetime Member
COD World at War was AWESOME...I never multi play...prefer to be on my own with set missions etc. CODMW2 was crap...finished within 6 hours...$100 down the drain....never tried Bad company.....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 14-04-2011 , 04:48 AM
EduSciVis-er
Portal 2!!!user added image Yeah!!!!!!!user added image
Can't wait can't wait user added image

But seriously though, I tried COD for a bit, didn't get into it.

# 5 14-04-2011 , 07:51 AM
Acid44

Portal 2!!!user added image Yeah!!!!!!!user added image
Can't wait can't wait user added image

But seriously though, I tried COD for a bit, didn't get into it.

Quote for truth.

# 6 14-04-2011 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber
Stuff then all and "hail 2 the king baby" duke is almost out - COD is just rubbish, battlefeild was better but what passes for great multiplayer has had it bar lowered by vast amounts, fueled by games not needing mutliplayer like uncharted and deadspace forced in just to inlarge the games shelf life.

FPS - have become stagnate and need to change. Bulletstorm was a step in the right derectiom, and I still have mixed feelings over crysis 2, but what I played of brink (play tester last year) things r looking a little better.

3 hours of game play and watching a bunch of soilders doublejumping around some bad designed maps is all I ever got from cod. At least with battlefeild it lasted a few days so that makes it the winner in a very poor comp.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 14-04-2011 at 10:04 AM.
# 7 14-04-2011 , 12:33 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I like the destruction of bad company but in my opinion the best battlefield game is 1943.
It always seemed more atmospheric and I love the way you land on the beach from an aircraft carrier. The maps just seemed better as well....

# 8 14-04-2011 , 04:11 PM
this is great.. it is sad to see how the FPS genre is failing.. i mean they are trying to out do themselves every time and it ultimately leads to their demise.. lke take homefront for example it had alot of hype and then it comes out and it took almost 3 weeks for them to fix their servers and they lost of alot of players because of it.. Bulletstorm is now one of my fav FPS ever i mean it can get a little old but it is still a step in the right direction as stated earlier.. i cannot wait to play battlefield 3 it looks like it might be the start of a new generation of actually good FPS!!

GT
# 9 17-04-2011 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber

i cannot wait to play battlefield 3 it looks like it might be the start of a new generation of actually good FPS!!

Just saw a trailer and it looks pretty good. Hopefully the game will be as well.

# 10 17-04-2011 , 09:05 AM
Lifetime Member
Well I liked COD...I didnt think it was too bad apart from the breifness of the missions, you can shove multiplayer wherever you choose LOL...I hate the crap. Sadly EVERY damn game is nearly designed around the multiplayer aspect...and this sucks...especially for those like me that 1: dont like MP 2: dont always have an internet connection (ie workin in the bush). So the single player games are dying....ONE day they might come up with a good game...the trouble is what? War? Aliens?.....mmmmmmmm what about WORMS LOL...seriously...they are all the same really...shoot, kill, run, snipe...thats why I liked Resident Evil initially...there were also puzzles...clues that sort of stuff...which can still be applied to a military game. Anyway...unless they come up with a kickarse game thats not pointed for the net...then I will buy that game...so it looks like I will never be buyin another game LOL.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 11 17-04-2011 , 10:16 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
well I am not big on FPS( I like Thief 3/KOTOR/Mass Effect games) and that's mainly because they are so unrealistic the only FPS game I played longer than a few hours was Killzone 2.
There is never a story which really connects you the player to your teammates or the main character itself.
All bullets fired seem to be aimed solely to the player, I once played the crysis demo and at a certain point I reached an enemy base , I made myself invisible and shot one from a rather large distance, the moment I fired it seemed that all crosshairs of all conceveable surrounding enemy players where aimed at me and I was dead in like 10 seconds, I watched videoreviews of the above mentioned games and they both seem 13 in a dozen games.
I know they are just games but I am really annoyed by the fact that when I see a live demo of someone playing they seem to be running at insane speeds through corridors, running at the enemy like rabid dogs, which to me already breaks the game.
They should make a game where one hit could mean your death, teammates or yourself getting injured and need to be dragged along or left behind in order to succesfully complete the mission...no disney endings, but the reall deal.
I also hate the fact that those games make killing easy, always have clear good-bad sides, I would like to see that in the beginning of the game when you just enter the frontline camp that one of "ours" is bringing in a POW who begs for his life, crawling towards you talking in a foreign language and then he shows you a picture of his family ( the standard picture: lovely wife laughing kid etc) the camera focusses on the picture and then you hear a bang.( blood spatter on camera)
You look up the guy is dead and one of your "own" laughs and says : " I always hate it when they beg..."
Between every mission there should be a rest period with RPG elements where you connect more and more with your teammates so that in the end you really care when they die and start hating the enemy, killing POW's like nothing ignoring their begging, I would also adjust the colorpallette of the game desaturating more and more up until the climax, making it a very grim game where you might be the only survivor and all your friends die.

# 12 17-04-2011 , 08:16 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

Last edited by murambi; 17-04-2011 at 08:21 PM.
# 13 18-04-2011 , 02:03 AM
So i had a long reply to this... then realized i way over thought it... so heres the summary:

COD has a LOT of problems. Hit detection, horrible server problems., generic weapons that are simplified and dumbed down for the sake of balance resulting in problems like the combat knife being one of the most powerful weapons in the game...

Battlefield has some of the same problems as COD but because of the massive scope and levels of the game they arent as noticeable. It feels more like warzone than COD, which feels more like a home invasion gone wrong most of the times. The inclusion of "spotting" enemies and bulletdrop add a lot to the game.

COD dos have some perks. Its face paced combat and leveling system always give you something to work for where Battlefield can get stale after a while without any constant upgrades and breakthroughs.

I agree FPS games have gotten stale for years. I think Borderlands was one of the last really great ones i played and even it was plagued with issues.

One key thing i think should be involved in any game, i dont think there is any thing as too much customization. Which both of these games lack.

But long story short, Battlefield wins and Battlefield 3 is looking very nice.

# 14 22-04-2011 , 04:07 PM
yeah battlefield 3 looks really fresh and maybe the start to a new generation of actually good FPS's i've been keeping up with every detail battlefield 3.. call me a nerd cuz i am user added image . The 12 minute gameplay trailer was amazing the game looks really good.. graphics and all.. i just hope the online play is groundbreaking.

GT
# 15 25-04-2011 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber
Must say battlefield does look good. Not only the graphics but the fact you have to craw and take cover - not a double jump in sight. thank god

Anyone seen any of the new res evil game "Raccoon City" - there is a video on it on xbox live right now - looks interesting, but only if they get it right.

Was talking to my step dad about his PS3 this week and he is very disappointed in Medal of Honor (the last one). He was always a fan of these until the last one - "too cod`ish, I cant be arsed to finish it" - that's really odd as he loved that series of games with the airborne one being finished 7 times. Another FPS fan getting turned away with boredom with the games.

Been blasting away at Gears3 beta all week and loving it so far - just got a 4th map and some new weapons to play with today as they have opened it up to the player that pre ordered the game from today (got mine from Bulletstorm) only problem is what do I play then till sept arrr buggers get me hooked then take it away for 4 mos - noooooo

Last edited by tweetytunes; 25-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.