Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-12-2003 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber

adding blends after binding skin?

Can you add blend shapes after you have your model bound to a rig?

# 2 08-12-2003 , 02:52 AM
The Maya Mountain
You can. You'll more than likely need to change the deformation order, though.

# 3 08-12-2003 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
Thanx mike, that was fast! uh, whats the deformation order? and how do i change it... I am not that advanceduser added image

# 4 08-12-2003 , 05:10 AM
If you already have blends done just duplicate your oringinal, adjust the new shape for the target. Then select the new shape and shift select the oringinal and create blendshape.

If you happen to still have all your blendshapes in the scene just delete the blendshapes and select all the old and new ones then shift select the main and create blendshapes. This way all your blends will be on nicely arranged on you blendhshape options.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 08-12-2003 , 05:16 AM
The Maya Mountain
At to top of the screen next to the Magnet icon for "Make Live" are two arrow icons. The left one shows a list of inputs, the right outputs. Inputs shows deformation and other things. Left click on it and pick the last item: All Inputs.

This brings a list of all the affecting input calculations, such as the binding of the skeleton (skin clusters) and the blend shape. Middle click and drag on one of them down below or above another to make it calculate before or after the others.

The order of deformation is the order that Maya calculates somthing. For example, you want it to calculate the blend shape first, and THEN the skeleton binding so that the result of the blend shape will be affected by the skeleton.

If you make a blend shape after binding, it automatically becomes the latest and thus last calculation, so when you rotate the neck and then blend the face to a new facial expression for example, the head will morph back to its original position rather than taking the skeleton into account.

Hope that makes sense.