Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-03-2008 , 06:24 AM

Castle problem

I am working on making a castle from "Game Art for Teens: Second edition" by Lee Perdew.
Many parts of his book is confusing, and not very clear, plus the pictures are very SMALL if you want to look at numbers of xyz coordinates or whatever...regardless, I liked the models as it taught me a lot...until I reached this problem.

This is from Chapter 4 for those who have this book.

This is my screen shot from my model. In the circle is the problem I'm having. The book says, "Extrude the faces out from the wall .5 of a unit, as shown" - which is what I did.
"We need to do a little patch up work on the wall between it and the extruded section. Select the vertices along the outside edge of the extruded section and snap them over to the next set of vertices, as shown" (This is a photograph of the book, shown after this post).

I have tried a lot of ways, and I cannot get it to look the same...HELP please?

Last edited by LadySekhmet; 26-03-2008 at 06:47 AM.
# 2 26-03-2008 , 06:26 AM
photograph of the book...sorry for the darkness (I don't have photo program yet on my sparkling new computer).

Attached Images
# 3 26-03-2008 , 06:49 AM
Sorry...for some reason my first picture didn't show up...I had the wrong picture, so I deleted it, and now it won't let me post a new one....

Anyway, this is the screen shot of MY castle. I need it to look like the picture above this post.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 26-03-2008 , 04:44 PM
EDIT:

I fixed it on my own, with some tweaking....

It took a while to figure out, (the book ain't helping!!), but I got it.

Mods please close this thread. Thanks