Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 15-05-2005 , 11:21 PM
alienscience if you wanna talk back, you guys should keep it on the Private Messaging. this forum is for cg related talk only, unless youre in the member lounge where you have more freedom to talk about other things, but fights like these, no way..tsk tsk.

anyway, ransid, you got a pretty good start. i wanna see some wires. the creases on the neck look strange, like your characters neck isnt supposed to go up that way, but it looks as if its on its default pose so the crease shouldnt be there.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 17 16-05-2005 , 07:03 AM
Senior Software Developer
Orgeeism,

Im just goin to work. Ill post stuff on wires tonite. My model has gone from NURBS to polys now for "refinement".

Thx for crit.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 18 16-05-2005 , 12:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
Try and keep it civil, guys. There's no reason for this negativity.

# 19 16-05-2005 , 04:10 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Try and keep it civil, guys. There's no reason for this negativity.

Mike didnt intend the uncivility. but is there any need for the "jumping on the bandwagon". Alien stated my images were too big. I said Mod had to say. You did. I changed it, end of chat.

There was no need for the lecture by another user after is has been sorted between myself and you. 'noughsaid. :p

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 20 16-05-2005 , 05:39 PM
Heres a wire of my progress. I am now doing this in Polys (Converted from NURBS). This is easier to apply the little changes that are needed. Still a long way to go ...user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 21 16-05-2005 , 06:29 PM
Hmm i see. Are you gonna connect the arms and legs right now? I think you should before your mesh gets more complicated. Right now theres alot more polys than there should be hehe but well, if you / your computer can handle it, then i guess its ok. But good practice to have a clean simple mesh user added image Keep it up man!

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 22 16-05-2005 , 07:03 PM

Originally posted by orgeeizm
Hmm i see. Are you gonna connect the arms and legs right now? I think you should before your mesh gets more complicated. Right now theres alot more polys than there should be hehe but well, if you / your computer can handle it, then i guess its ok. But good practice to have a clean simple mesh user added image Keep it up man!

Thx :attn:

I am about to combine the arm and leg once done I am gonna try to reduce the Polys on the head. My PC is fine with this amount of Polys and more. Its quite powerful with a good chunk of RAM a ding dong

Ill post one more later once I am happy with the body...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 23 18-05-2005 , 06:01 PM
Ok,

Heres is the current picture of this "Creature", any names for it would be good user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 24 18-05-2005 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
it has that mutated frog look, all you need to do is add a few more details, like some muscle structure and some skeletal formations just to define it some more.
good luck
dae:p

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 25 23-05-2005 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
Looking Good Man, I'm really liking the Teeth on that thing they've got a cool unique shape to them

# 26 25-05-2005 , 05:38 PM
AARRggghhhhHHHHHhhHhhHhHh

Thinngs went very wrong and my model vanished. I was doing a cleanup and sorted that. Delete History and went to etract a new face...

!!!Vanish!!!

So I have had to start again :'(.

Ill post it once I have it stiched, Same concept nothings really changed

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 27 25-05-2005 , 05:59 PM
sorry to hear that man..
well, atleast doing it over again won't take that long anymore

Ipso Facto Meenie Moe... MAGICO!!!
# 28 25-05-2005 , 11:35 PM
Ok,

3 hours late and im back user added image

Heres another image update...

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 29 25-05-2005 , 11:47 PM
OK OK one more and then its bed, I mean its 1.52am for cryin out loud :0

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 30 26-05-2005 , 02:14 PM

Originally posted by alienscience
WTF do you mean "american ignorace". More like scotland homosexuality, atleast if we have weird men that were skirts they were underwear, and dont suck on "bag-pipes". Yer dirty scot. Sorry if I came on a little offensive, but I dont understand why people always target america as the "bad" country, they all know we would beat their a**es in a war. This will probably get edited or deleted, oh well.

EDIT: Sorry if I offended anyone on this topic. But, I am choosing to leave the original post up (until a mod finds it). I know I may have not really chosen the right set of words (scotish homosexuals), but I did this as a joke. I really did not mean to cause any harm, but if you perceived it that way, I am ready prove my points, just more dignitively (dont know if that is a word).

well take this as a non-friendly request for you to not start spouting crap like this, because not only did it get read by a mod but a scottish one at that. The irony is you're trying to defend american ignorance and wondering why most of the civilised world dislikes your country and yet in two or three sentences your proved to yourself exactly why. I'm going to leave the post up to remind others what sort of an idiot writes that sort of crap. And please do try and "prove your points" via a PM to me believe me I'm all ears and for the record no it's not a word.

Sorry to have dragged this back to that subject but it's really p*ssed me off.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB