Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-04-2007 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber

mp3 key invention

hello everyone, hope you like what i have invented lol :p yes i know it is wierd but it is about 1:40am here and i felt like inventing something out of the original user added image here are some screenies ... tell me what you think of em if there good or really crap, i dont mind user added image comments & crits most welcome,

marlon

user added image

# 2 01-04-2007 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
the thing which pops out is the mp3 thingo if you never knew user added image

user added image

# 3 01-04-2007 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
user added image

# 4 01-04-2007 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
i will texture this when im happy with the modeling ... dont know what i should redo of fix user added image

user added image

# 5 02-04-2007 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
You have to have your keys in your pocket anyway, why not have them play music? I like it.

Jason

# 6 02-04-2007 , 01:39 AM
I don't know about redo/fix, and I'm not sure how far you'd like to take this to make it more key-ish.

Perhaps...add more teeth? Make the teeth more jagged? Add an indention/groove to the side of it (image below)?

user added image

Of course, I'm also not sure if that would make it too key-like, and you don't want that...maybe a circuitry-design-shaped groove on the side?

I dunno...play with some ideas, or just on into texturing user added image

# 7 02-04-2007 , 02:42 AM
Interesting idea. I always have my keys with me, and therefore, I'd always have my music. I like it.

Side note: If you invent something your really interested in pursuing, I wouldn't post it in order to protect your idea.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 8 02-04-2007 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
@ imagine_studios - yeah i always have keys in my pocket, why not have it play music user added image thanks

@ severinianthony - hey man, yeah i will definitely redo the key, i was just tired that night and rushed it soo it look like a newbie one :p

@ perfecto - "Side note: If you invent something your really interested in pursuing, I wouldn't post it in order to protect your idea."

yeah i though about it for abit and relised im still pretty young and woudnt really persue this in real lifes since it would probably be reinvented about but even made alot smaller with more gadgets etc user added image though i would be very shattered if someone did the exact same thing like mine in real life and made lots of money :| lol, cheers man ...

cheers guys, marlon user added image keep the crits coming

# 9 02-04-2007 , 07:47 PM
Actually, keep your hands on your maya files. That way, if someone does snag your idea, so what, you're the only one with the hard-copy, "physical" proof; images mean jack-snot nothing :p

# 10 02-04-2007 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
yeah your right ... also this thread can be my evidence :p

lol at your sig user added image

# 11 02-04-2007 , 09:13 PM
Heh, thanks...I found the pic on the internet, but I put in the orange "I find your lack of faith disturbing" text via Photoshop. :p

Last edited by severinianthony; 02-04-2007 at 09:19 PM.
# 12 03-04-2007 , 06:26 PM
I've been inventing and songwriting for almost 20 years. You'd be amazed at what a dishonest person could do to make it look like they came up with an idea first (even if you have files on your hard drive, etc). The best way to protect, is not to advertise (unless you've registered the idea with the gov, which if it's an invention can be good or bad). For feedback, use close friends and family you trust.

ALSO, TYPICALLY, WHOEVER REGISTERS AN IDEA WITH THE GOVERNMENT FIRST, ENDS UP WITH THE PATENT. At least in America. Just my two cents.

Maybe I'm wrong, but better safe than sorry.

Severinianthony: You're right about the pictures being meaningless and the importance of hanging onto ALL your proof. Regardless of what I said, that's good advice!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!