Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 23-07-2007 , 02:54 PM
Jr.Who
Ugh, I took that same ZBrush training and learned nothing from it. After that, I was going to get the DT training (so that I could actually LEARN it), but I figured that I’d just wait till Z3 comes to the Mac.

# 77 23-07-2007 , 07:48 PM
Subscriber
yer I`m on the digital tutors videos now and they are a lot better. - but theses vids are for zbrush 3 so what r you waiting 4.

so far 8.5 hours of watching training vids arrrrrr - but at least zbrush is making much more sense now

# 78 24-07-2007 , 01:12 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Metz? do you mean Meats Meier? Yeah bores the crap out of me too, but he knows his stuff. There another good ZB disc available from Kurv Studios by Glen Southern called an introduction to ZB. I have it and it covers everything - litterally

_J

# 79 24-07-2007 , 03:32 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by tweetytunes
yer I`m on the digital tutors videos now and they are a lot better. - but theses vids are for zbrush 3 so what r you waiting 4.

so far 8.5 hours of watching training vids arrrrrr - but at least zbrush is making much more sense now

I told you, I’m waiting for Z3 to come to the Mac.

Here’s a hint for when you watch the vids:

If you’re in QT (QuickTime) hold down the fast forward button (this might not work on all videos, but I don’t know why…). It will make the video and audio go twice as fast. It might take you a while to get used to the voices going so fast, but it’s worth it, because you save half the time.

# 80 24-07-2007 , 12:47 PM
Z3' s great, bloody good fun!

I had Zbrush in Z2 form from uni, but didnt really use it other than texturing, when Z3 came out and we got he upgrade I gave it a bash an love it.

Think that the only training I had was from glen southerns free head tutorial and Jason Welshes (think thats how you spell it) free tuts, other that that I was messing about, still find it a bit hit and miss with things, but, well love it, only use about 5-10% of the programmes capability, really want to start to use the retopology tools etc etc.

Should get back onto this this week.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 81 27-07-2007 , 12:09 AM
yeah - come on Steve - I need an update mate!

# 82 27-07-2007 , 03:13 AM
Hey Guys

Bit of an update, been incorporating some concepts from some great, great advice, cheers Jay!

Still lots to do but ive got all weekend coming up to concentrate on it!

Attached Thumbnails

# 83 27-07-2007 , 06:13 AM
Bit more, maybe hard to see the change but its there form the side.

Think that theres going to be a few more in the next few days so you might get bored!

Good to hear some crits and comments

Attached Thumbnails

# 84 27-07-2007 , 07:18 AM
Added a bit more, not to sure if i'll keep it as it is though as it messes up the underlying geo (needed to go to a lower sub division level before adding it)

Tell me what you think, yay on nay??

Attached Thumbnails

# 85 27-07-2007 , 08:36 AM
Steve

A small bit of crit. Drop down about two to three levels and push that geo around about, dont be afraid of it, go extreme, even if it looks odd, up the divisions again and see how it looks. I think the mouth need some form, bulk it out a bit. Dont worry about detail right now, fill the forms in first.

Also append the tool to the star tool and import an obj of the eyes, to give them some shape too. Stick them in Subtools layers its a breeze to use. I should have entered this challenge...damn!

cheers
Jay

# 86 27-07-2007 , 10:57 PM
Cheers Jay.

Just been having a play about with the model on lower geo, having some fun going OTT with things, need to add eyes, still... being having too much fun LOL!

As for entering the comp Jay, speed you model with z3 and if the comps extended think you should!, be good if your model has a small cameo in outlaws, say in a bar or something!

But of an update, been saving at a lot of points so that I can go back if I need to. Hence the last one as I wasnt too sure about the added barbels.

Attached Thumbnails

# 87 27-07-2007 , 11:20 PM
very nice steve! - ha ha - I am really digging those new spiky things - they work really well - sort of remind me of a puffer fish. I like the new details on the nose too, but something about it is still looking a little stiff to me - i think it's the transition from the nostril shape to the barbel - i think the change of angle throws it off a bit.

Keep at it mate - i definitely think just going OTT at it without thinking too much is the way to go. user added image

# 88 28-07-2007 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber
Nice! those spikes make it look a truck load more better..

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 89 28-07-2007 , 12:56 AM
Cheers Guys

Decided to see what he looks like with no nostrils, also make his hat bigger.

Attached Thumbnails

# 90 28-07-2007 , 03:50 AM
Steve

Thats getting there. Hint/Tip; using the drag dots stroke and say ooh brush number 15 in the palette, put up the intensity a little and draw limpet shells....

I may give this challenge a bash over the weekend, I have a great idea for something...and it shouldnt take too long

Cheers
Jay