Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-07-2007 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber

HELP DEAR GOD HELP!

I spent along time now on my second character, and the same thing happened.

I build the geometry, build the skeleton, bind, paint weights to my liking, and then something happens. I think maybe it's because I moved stuff around like group and ungroup. It seems that I can't change the pain weights for meshes that are bound to the skeleton, they don't even show up. Like my body and head don't have weights anymore even though they move right. For instance, my left shoulder moves the way it should, so it has weights, but when i look in the pain weights tool theres nothing there for skinn clusters??

OMG please help me!

All of the things on the left under Reference are somehow connected to the things on the right. The only thing that still shows paint weights is the left boot top. I must have done somthing...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-07-2007 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
oh and if I select say a vertic on my left arm and goto component editor, or any vertic on the body and goto component editor, no skin clusters show up under smooth bind, it's completely empty. but for the left boot top it shows both of the clusters effecting it.

# 3 19-07-2007 , 08:15 PM
Sorry I havent a clue what your on about, maybe try deleting the history before you paint the weights as it might be bringing over history thats messing it up

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 19-07-2007 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
Deleting history doesnt seem to do anything, but I'm almost sure it has something to do with the input output connections, unfortunately I have no clue how to find what I'm looking for in them as I am a beginner.