Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-11-2016 , 02:19 PM

problem in move joint after skin

i skined my character and then i found one of my joint dose not have a good rotation so i used “move skin joint tool” and correct the axis but then when i wanted to link it to a parent it dosent work , it jumped out of my skin!!! what should i do?

# 2 04-01-2017 , 07:04 AM
Well, first of all you want to have your joint hierarchy set up properly before skinning. Makes your workflow much cleaner that way. Whenever you use "move skin joint tool" you do not need to unparent the joint you want to move, you just simply move it anywhere you need to.

Also, the joint you want to make as a parent, is that skinned to the mesh as well? Lastly, all you have to do is click the joint you want to be the child, SHIFT click the joint you want to be the parent and click "P", tell me if the issue remains that way, it shouldn't though!

Feel free to check out my website! (:

https://dlopezdemedrano.com