Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-04-2011 , 10:17 PM

A couple dumb newbie UV questions..

Hello Maya community! user added image

I feel pretty dumb, but I can't figure out how to turn off the UV border display in the 3d view port. At least, I think it's the UV border. It's the blue wire frame overlay. Yeah, I'm really new to Maya in general if you couldn't tell.. heh.

I'm trying to see how the borders match up, and having the blue line highlight them makes it really hard for me to see the texture detail since it's bright blue. lol

I looked through Maya's giant help file, but I still couldn't find the answer. I'm sure it's in there though, and I was dumb enough to not phrase it correctly.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes when I try to sew two UV edges, it doesn't work. Does anyone know why this might happen? Could it have to do with UVs sharing verticies or something? Because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for any help! And sorry for the retarded questions. *cough*

Last edited by SoftIce; 25-04-2011 at 10:20 PM.
# 2 26-04-2011 , 06:31 AM
Lifetime Member
How about some screenshots mate? that may speed things up a little...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 27-04-2011 , 06:06 AM
Lifetime Member
hey mate,

it could be because you have "wireframe on shaded" mode on.
in the persp window go up to shading- wireframe on shaded- turn off.
hope this helps!

# 4 28-04-2011 , 03:03 AM
Acid44
Welcome man. What Dixontho said would probably be the answer you're looking for, I cant think of any other time when a blue wireframe would be showing

# 5 16-05-2011 , 10:31 PM
Aaaa, sorry sorry for not getting back you guys! Stuff came up and all that. But thanks so much for the responses!

Edit: Oh, I found it! I found my problem! Even though 'wireframe on shaded' wasn't selected in the shading menu, it WAS selected under 'display' in the general preferences window.

So you guys were right. Thanks again!!

Last edited by SoftIce; 16-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.