Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-10-2006 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber

a boat

the most boring title I can think of for reasons best unsaid.

this is a change for me, I am going to do something instead of an experiment. It will be slow going until uni is over.

anyway, I might have to start again, the front looks all werid, i dont think I did that part properly, or came back after the fact to fix it and made it worse.

Attached Images

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 18-10-2006 , 01:14 PM
Subscriber
a closer look

Attached Images

# 3 19-10-2006 , 02:19 AM

Re: a boat

Originally posted by mirek03
or came back after the fact to fix it and made it worse.

ha ha - yeah, i've done that a few times. At least with maya you can go back to a previous version. with painting or drawing you 're screwed!

Nice start mirek. will be good to see this on some water.

# 4 19-10-2006 , 02:39 AM
Subscriber
hi Arron, yes that's the plan, as much realism as possible in the hope of sitting it on soft boddies, i think that would be the easiest and maybe the beginning of a show reel.

I seem to be getting a lot of unpaid student work, mainly for the masters degree people and it might lead somewhere in a couple of years. I have just finished a pile of dead birds for a doco about extinction and now I am starting on one about chromosomes.

In the mean time, until uni is over, its (uni) is doing my head in so the boat ill be slow going for a few weeks, but again, yes, it will be on water, that was the inspiration. I think Maya does water very well.

user added image

# 5 31-10-2006 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
dum-di-dum.., well after 10 days of 9pm to 4am doing sound post I feel just great (???) and roaring to go, or should I say, 'aye me 'eartys, I'm ready to set sail, throw the ropes, take to the bow, walk the plank and off with 'is 'ead..,'

anyway, before i do I need to know, i was going to delete this whole scene, it doesn't take too long to do is why, I'm thinking maybe it would be quicker to start from the beginning than trying to fix this strange fold in the bow (thats pirate talk for 'the front of the boat')

so can someone (Kurt you there?) please tell;; me if this is fixable or should I just delete it and start again. I don't mind either way but I'm sick of throwing out the baby with the bath water, its a bad habit.

without further ado...
, notice the red arrows..,

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mirek03; 31-10-2006 at 08:24 AM.
# 6 31-10-2006 , 08:21 AM
Subscriber
i dont know what happened to the red arrow but i hope iy is on this one, if not it is the cery front of the boat I am concerned with...

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 31-10-2006 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber
do u mean the black bit on the nurbs
may be u need another isopam near that point

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 8 31-10-2006 , 07:10 PM
Subscriber
yea, the black bit. maybe I should just star agin, i wouldn't know where to put the isopharm but thanks mate, I appreciate your thoughts.

# 9 22-11-2006 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
i woke this morning in the usual panic, what do i have to do, which essay, where do i have to go..?? then i realised uni is over and i m now officially a degree student, no longer an undergrad, i have a degree and i have time to relax .., to cut a long story short, while i want to do organics, in the meantime, i will do this again so this is my second try, well, revisited

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 24-11-2006 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
and again...

Attached Thumbnails

# 11 25-11-2006 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
and again but now the computer is crashing after changing my spy ware (deep invasion of private property)

anyway, again;

Attached Thumbnails

# 12 25-11-2006 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
and more, are you asleep yet? the best is yet to come..?? but for now i think I'll go play guitar. thought about modelling one once but i thought i just as may as well play the thing..?? if i had a boat I'd be sailing it, especially an old one like this...

Attached Thumbnails

# 13 26-11-2006 , 09:49 AM
Subscriber
slowly but quickly, before this compuer crashes

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 08-12-2006 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
computer is dead, nothing will be here for a long time (money) until i can get it fixed. (this is not my computer i use for 3D)

# 15 08-12-2006 , 10:06 PM
sorry to hear that mirek. hope you manage to sort it out.