View Poll Results: Do you vote for Eagleking or Twisteddragon
Eagleking 14 73.68%
Twisteddragon 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 27-05-2003 , 07:53 PM
um.. i didnt say that maliciously. I said he did a good job. it was the overall render that got him ahead which i said, my model may have been cleaner, but his scenery took attention all through his scene, not just the model. I gave him just credit. I think you're taking what i say out of contect, if people around yout hink your blowing up at a computer... maybe your a little too high strung right now. take a nap. you need one.

# 77 27-05-2003 , 08:37 PM
I like your model,too.

And the hard edge...I mirrored...I merged vertices..I tried everything but I couldnt get it away.

# 78 27-05-2003 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
If it's polys Eagle you could try try selecting the contiguous edges (in edit polygons/select contiguous edges) and then applying soften normals as many times as it takes (edit polys/normals/soften harden) to just those edges with the soften setting turned right up. I found that in one of Mike's tutorials and it's been very handy. Think it might have been the cloth one, that's a great tut.

As for the other comments Twisted, if Blackrobe wins our challenge in the other thread I say best of luck to him in the next round as his model must be better than mine in the view of the people here. That's just how it is.

If you are only entering things to win you are going to be disappointed a lot, not because you are not any good, but because you cannot win all the time. The way I look at it is these competitions let you see people modelling in various stages, there are hints and tips to be had and it is a 'safe' environment as people here might be critical, but they are always constructive. And that is rare. Some you win, some you don't, but every model is better than the last one. It's not about the winning, but if you don't like 'losing' then it isn't a good idea to take part imho and that would be a shame.

Last edited by Witchy; 27-05-2003 at 09:59 PM.
# 79 28-05-2003 , 01:28 AM
Subscriber
Congrats Eagle- You are improving very quickly.
Great job to both of you guys!
H!

# 80 28-05-2003 , 02:15 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
maybe your a little too high strung right now. take a nap. you need one.

Nah. No nap. I just recognize a sissy when I see one. user added image

# 81 28-05-2003 , 02:35 AM
Eagle, Im not too sure with maya, but you should try pulling the faces out more so they dont meat at such a hard angle. Usually if it meets *when mirrirs* at less than 40 degrees it usually comes out very edgy, maybe split the face a few mm from the center, and angle it in sharply to still get the lng, pointedness. but not the edge?

Witchy, I dont expect to win every competition. Noone does. I just want to make sure its fair and even. This competition i dont mind losing. Gives me more time to work on the project i was also working on during the competition. Besides i knew when it was announced to be a fish or sea creature i was going to lose. Im best at gadgets, machines. mechanical stuff.

adl,
*kick*
*runs away*
meet me in the coartyard 4th period and ill show you whos the sissy, lol.

# 82 28-05-2003 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber
Hey Twisted good news. And perhaps you can give the winners some hints for the next round 8). Look forward to seeing what you make next.

# 83 28-05-2003 , 02:51 AM
Hahaha, Bring it on SISSY! :p

# 84 28-05-2003 , 03:33 AM
um.. adl, give me 2 weeks then well fight. i still cant walk yet... getting over a bad break, torn cartalidge and severed tendons. but after that ill take you onuser added image.

but ide prolly just hit you with a car. found its much much simpler.

Witchy.. actually i made this while i was doing the tournement. i was gunna use it as practice for the 3rd part of the competition hoping i got there. its saiya-jin armor, i was thinking of modeling a game chractor from dbz budokia.

Attached Thumbnails
# 85 28-05-2003 , 03:44 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
but ide prolly just hit you with a car. found its much much simpler.

That´s counting off course with you dodging the bullets from my Valmet Petra II right? user added image

# 86 28-05-2003 , 03:55 AM
ill use my grand daddy's M-203 on youuser added image you dont need to dodge.. you just need to die.

# 87 28-05-2003 , 04:03 AM
I don´t die. People have already tried. user added image

# 88 28-05-2003 , 05:09 AM
... you would be amazed how much pain a body can take without expiring.

# 89 28-05-2003 , 05:20 AM
saiyan armor = good

but what the hell does this have to do here?
there is a WIP and a finished work section.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED ME THIS ROUND.
And thanks for the great battle,twisted. I hope we wil get a rematch user added image .

# 90 28-05-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
Congrats eagleking on your win user added image.. we will see you in round 2. Great try twisted.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com