Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 24-07-2004 , 01:33 PM

Propeller fins

I need to know how to duplicate one fin around in a sircle so I get a propeller.
Just like in this tutorial: Here.
This tutorial isn't free so it can't help me.
But can anyone explain how to do this?

- Slangen

Last edited by Slangen; 24-07-2004 at 01:36 PM.
# 2 24-07-2004 , 02:58 PM
Subscriber
slangen, are your familiar with moving pivot points?

if not, this is one thing you need to you know.

Whilst having an object selected you can move is pivot point by pressing the "Insert" key.

After you've moved the pivot point to the desired position you simple duplicate and rotate it,

or

go into the duplicate option box and goto the rotate option and put in the amount you want to rotate it by and then put the number of copies you want and click apply if all goes well then you should have your propeller, theres also another which is:

Using "SHIFT+D" this way you acutally incorporate both of the techniques above, by using "SHIFT+D" you can acutally duplicate to the distance you set by moving the first copy after that each consecutive time you press "SHIFT+D" you duplicate the exact same distance.

Hope i've explained it clear enough.

-Raymond Leung

# 3 24-07-2004 , 03:19 PM
Thanks! The "Shift+D" method did it user added image

# 4 25-07-2004 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
no problem Slangen, thats what these boards are for user added image