Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-04-2007 , 07:52 PM

Add Attributes

when i create a primitive polygon it has an attribute called PolyCube( or PloyTorus or whatever) ,but when i duplicate it the new object does not have this attribute

so how does i add this PolyCube attribute to another object

(i know we can do this by duplicating with "duplicate input connections selected" , so what i wana know is whether there is another way to do this)

or simply what i wana know is how to add an attribute of one object to another object that does not have that attribute

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it
# 2 02-05-2007 , 08:13 PM
You cannot do what you're asking. The PolyCube node is not an attribute, it is the creation history of your object. When you make a duplicate copy of your object, it doesn't have any history and you cannot add history to an object. That is why the duplicate with input connections feature exists.