Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-12-2007 , 01:21 PM

disappearing manipulator tool?

Anyone else else having this bug in Maya 8.5 of the manipulator tool disappearing or not showing up? I usally have to go to a 4 view, find a persp view that has the manipoulator tool, and then make it my window. It happens a lot, and it's a very annoying bug. Thanks.

# 2 10-12-2007 , 01:30 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hmm, I've never had this problem before.

When it disappears, just hit 'W' on your keyboard to bring it back.

You say can only see it in your Perspective view? Are you sure your not talking about the Compass?

Sounds odd!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 10-12-2007 , 03:19 PM
Thanks. It's definately a bug tho, it's not just a matter of selecting the manipulator tool. I could have a 2 or 4 window view with the exact same object selected, 3 will have the manipulator tool visible but one will not.

Or else I'll be working in a window, everything will be fine then all the sudden I won't be able to see the manipulator tool. I haven't had this problem before Maya 8.5.

# 4 10-12-2007 , 04:37 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hmm, that is very strange, and I haven't heard anyone else mention this Bug before.

You should consider posting at Autodesk, and let them know your problems. Maybe they know of a cure.

Other than that maybe something went wrong during installation. Perhaps try Reinstalling Maya.

This is a very weird Bug! And i can see how annoying that could be user added image Sorry to see you've been inflicted by it!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 10-12-2007 , 09:58 PM
Its not a bug its your graphics card, its either not up to the job or you need to reinstall the drivers.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 11-12-2007 , 03:16 AM
Xtreme Motion and Graphics
I have experienced the same type of problem.

If your Caps Lock on your key board is inadvertently pressed
or turned on, this changes your mode of operationand turns off your manipulator visibility.

Ergo, Turn off Caps Lock

# 7 11-12-2007 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber

disappearing manipulator

hi gys
i experience the same prob as well and this is with maya 8.5 i can only c my manipulators in the persp view only :headbang: i cannt use in any other view. i tend to agree with gster123 it could be Graphic card prob. tenniswheels do u happen to be using vista?

# 8 11-12-2007 , 10:18 AM
Xtreme Motion and Graphics
Not using vista (too many problems)

Did the caps lock suggestion work?

# 9 11-12-2007 , 12:40 PM
This has happened to me a few times, also (I'm using 8.5, too). When it does, I usually just go to object mode and press W and it comes back.

# 10 13-12-2007 , 07:12 AM
You may need to export out your scene, create a new scene, then import the newly exported scene. This sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.