Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-08-2008 , 08:41 PM

room interior design

i have modelled my cartoon guy doing shopping and i now want add details like shop walls so tha he is in a (room) shop. i want to put the inside shop walls . how do i do it ?

Attached Thumbnails

keep moving 4ward
# 2 26-08-2008 , 09:15 PM
it's as easy as making a large cube that goes around everything and then putting the camera (and lights) on the inside...

what did you do, choose to render with like 4 colors? i don't think i've seen a render look worse.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 26-08-2008 , 11:14 PM
Super Moderator
Lol Neo, you're so blunt. On a serious note though, even if you save it as a gif for web reasons, you shouldn't loose that much detail, an size optimized jpeg would do just fine because I checked and this file is 107 kb, why? I don't know. You need to look into image compression, it'll suck putting effort into your work and you can't show anyone.

- Genny
# 4 27-08-2008 , 12:05 AM
its my first render and i love being criticised coz it will make me push harder.i did the cube and i want the cube to be seen from inside not outside. from inside so that my guy is in the shop.

keep moving 4ward
# 5 27-08-2008 , 01:51 AM
Lifetime Member
scale the cube so it surrounds the guy and shelves then zoom in your render camera so it's inside the cube and also make sure your lights are inside the cube.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 27-08-2008 , 03:46 AM
Cant remember, but wouldent you need to reverse the normals and turn on backface culling to make it easier to work with?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 27-08-2008 , 04:11 AM
Like gster said, reverse the normals. You might want to make only half a cube (delete faces you don't render) so your camera won't have to be inside it all the time.

BTW, tmujuru and GecT, to post full quality work you can just use image hostiing. I use imageshack.us and it works fine with 1.5MB size restriction wich I never reach.
It has some scaling problems with png format, jpeg works fine).
I feel like I'm advertising it too much. They're going to have to start paying me soon user added image .

Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 8 27-08-2008 , 05:01 AM
Super Moderator
You could start with the cube and make sure all the scene elements are inside like mentioned, also, I'd start extracting faces so that the ceiling, walls and floor are different geometry.

@ BennyK, yeah I'm aware of imageshack, photobucket etc, I use them from time to time, I said that because 1. Knowing how to optimize images will make you better off in the long run. 2. The 200k limit SM has is actually quite enough for posting even a large resolution image (assuming you're using Photoshop) the 'optimize to file size' option is really really handy.

- Genny