Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-02-2003 , 08:50 PM

Model problem...

quick background info: i wanted a dinosaur model(mine was horrible), but they all cost $$$. i fond one in .3ds, so i had to make a simple .3ds to .mp converter. it worked, but not well.

i have the model, but its very high polygon count, and i cant delete any of the vertices, and it freezes my comp alot...

probably something wrong with the code, but can anyone see why i cant delete the vertices, is something wrong with them? if you can delete the tail(has like a million polys) thatd be great heres the model

# 2 20-02-2003 , 08:56 PM
where did you get a .3ds to .mp converter (i need one too)
thanx

# 3 20-02-2003 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
Hi homeymoore,

can you e.g. link to the 3ds file, I can't open the Maya PLE format, but I can try 2 see if I can do something with the 3ds version of it... :-)

regards

Strarup

# 4 20-02-2003 , 09:33 PM
heres the converter
its a really quick job, nothing great, it only converts polygons. change face.3ds to your file, load 3ds loader.exe, and click that mouse button on the screen, Dyno.ma will be made...hope it works better for you

heres the dino model

# 5 20-02-2003 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
Strange,i have 3DsMAx 5 and i cant open the file!!

jesus loves you!
# 6 20-02-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
strange, i didn't have any trouble with it... even with the tail...

here in Maya ASCII format... (about 1.6 Mb)... -->
https://www.strarup.net/dyno/Dyno.ma

and in Maya Binary Format... (about 0,7 Mb)... -->
https://www.strarup.net/dyno/Dyno.mb

if you can't use it, I can delete the tail, and then convert it back 2 3ds, or maybe an other format if you want that...

I'm using "Deep Exploration" from Right Hemisphere... to do the convertion...

regards

Strarup

# 7 20-02-2003 , 11:16 PM
wow, thanks. works great now