Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-01-2004 , 05:31 PM

Fillet not working for me

I am using the Gnomon training DVD. On the DVD I am shown how to make a circular fillet, but I can't get mine to work. I am trying to join two NURBS cylinders at 90 degrees to make a T. I push one inside the other, I make sure the Normals are pointed out, I select both of them. I reset the Circular Fillet and Hit Fillet. I have tried Local and Global, and I turned it down to .05 as the DVD stated.

I see a Fillet ikon in my Outliner, but I see no fillet on the NURB cylinders. I have a center pivot point for it, but nothing is there. I tried changing most of the fillet options, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Kori

Last edited by diamondx; 12-01-2004 at 05:35 PM.
# 2 12-01-2004 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
read the script editor after u do the filet, and see if it failed. make sure surfaces intersect...
be a bit more specific too in the problem u r having
good luckuser added image

# 3 13-01-2004 , 12:41 AM
I found the problem. I had end caps on my NURBS cylinders, and the Circular fillet tool will not work with end caps, not even one. So I have learned. My Gnoman Training DVD did not tell me, damn them. But some good did come out of it. I will never forget this modeling tool, ever.

Kori