Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-10-2007 , 02:21 AM

Transfering PLE to MAYA

...Im obviously new to this...but i have the MAYA PLE version, and im about to purchase the full version. If i have work that i like and want to import to the registered version of maya will it work or do i have to start over....Seems that it would, but i had a trial version of cs3 and when i purchased it mhy projects wouldn't open...

# 2 06-10-2007 , 03:21 AM
sorry, you cant bring PLE files into the full version of maya

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 06-10-2007 , 07:27 AM
Joopson's right! It's to prevent people from using the PLE version for commercial purposes.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 06-10-2007 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber
Can a Mod just sticky this goddamn question. it has been asked way to much.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 5 07-10-2007 , 06:05 PM
Banned
Oh, and before the mod throws bombs and engulf the thread with it's sticky stickyness, I would like to know if files from Maya 7.0 can be imported into 8.0. That includes textures and all that crap following a character =).

sepo

# 6 08-10-2007 , 01:52 PM
Yes that will work, but once you do that you cant go back to older versions with it.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 7 08-10-2007 , 02:16 PM
Banned
Nice. Thank you =)