Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-06-2011 , 12:23 AM

Custom mesh explosion?

Hello people!

Once again I need your wisdom on a specialized matter..

What I want to do is make a low poly dragon mesh the source of an fire, explosion style...what I found so far is mushroom or octopus explosions (those with the falling things that leave trails of smoke behind them).

I'm not sure how I'd do this. I need the fire to be very WOW so if you can accompany your answer with a relevant tutorial link I'd be grateful forever user added image

References:
user added image
user added image
user added image

(but in the shape of a dragon user added image)

# 2 22-06-2011 , 08:27 AM
The thin red line

# 3 22-06-2011 , 12:59 PM
Maybe you have a tutorial for fluids? This result is kinda boring and...fake? user added image

# 4 22-06-2011 , 07:18 PM
The answer was actually simple... Effects>Fire user added image I messed a bit with the settings and there is the wow fire user added image

# 5 22-06-2011 , 09:42 PM
The thin red line
I never use fire because it has no smoke, for me all fires have some smoke.........dave

# 6 22-06-2011 , 11:02 PM
I forgot to mention, this is about "magic" fire, it is a harry potter related image, so smoke (or burned particles) are not really a must. However, now that I take a second look at the render, it's not very attractive..

I cannot find any decent fluids tutorial though.. I found some demos only, and the tutorials I found are only about "realistic" fire (like a fire from a fireplace)..I haven't found something that suits me (custom mesh), any helpful links?

# 7 24-06-2011 , 12:58 AM
No ideas about a good fluid tutorial?

# 8 24-06-2011 , 03:37 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
you may not find what your looking for, I would suggest looking for a lava fluid tutorial and than adjusting the setting's to try and get what your looking for.

# 9 09-08-2011 , 06:54 AM
Hi friends,
how to makes water wave of a ship movement.......