Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-05-2008 , 04:49 PM

2d/3d mix

I've been working on this for a while now. I've tried different ways of combining 2d and 3d animation. First did the 2d on paper and it looked better, but I had all kinds of regestration problems and a glitchy scanner that randomly flipped frames or just wouldn't read them, so I re-did all the 2d in Flash with a wacom. This fixed the regestration problems, but I can't draw as well with the wacom.

I'm still working on the camera, some AE timing, the feet need some reworking, and smoothing out of the walk cycle at the end. Also there are some glitches in the 3D right now the biggest one is the treads stop turning.

Anyway it is still a wip, but here's what I got for now. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5eJsjdLm2w

# 2 05-05-2008 , 05:00 PM
Subscriber
looking good man!!!!:bow: , you seem to know your stuff

# 3 05-05-2008 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
Super cool!! I like the way you maintain the look of the character during the camera spin. Can't wait to see this when its completed

# 4 05-05-2008 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
it's good I like the overall look of it. keep it up