Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-11-2010 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber

Well, I just got it.
picked it up for the same price the original release single Dvd was...in the states its 20$ for dvd, and 35$ for Blu Ray at Wal-mart.

Upon removing the top slip cover and un wrapping the box, you're greeted with what is best described as a Hard cardboard, Slip cover and a case similar to a Hard back book. ( imagine the special editions of hard back books with a cardboard slip cover to protect them with one opening length wise to slide the book into.

The "hard back book" portion of the case comes with three 'pages' each of these pages has an insert that slides into them "hidden" in the thickness of the 'page' with one of the 3 Cd's inside. one complaint is that the cd's have no actual plastic snap ring to hold them in place, so some care is required to keep them in good condition. but the box is made so that it holds them securely when one is careful with insertion.

The artwork on the 'book ' portion is lovely. really shows off the cg of the movie and compliments it well.

I haven't watched either version of the extended release on the dvd yet, But it comes with original Theatrical Release, Collectors Extended cut (16 min additional footage) and also Special Edition re release with 8 minutes of additional footage.

a "message from Pandora" i have not viewed yet. and special features on the 3rd disk are "New / additional scenes"
"deleted scenes"
and a documentary on the making of the movie.

Also the features all include a "optional family audio track" with all objectionable language removed, for those that are inclined to watch with their children.

In all, without having viewed the movie its self in this form, i say the collectors edition is worth the 20$ if you are considering the purchase. I saw somewhere also that a portion of the proceeds are going towards the Avatar project, which James Cameron started as an initiative to plant and have adopted 1,000,000,000 trees across the world, a worthy cause i would say.

I'll report back on the extended releases once i watch them
Hope this helps anyone considering the purchase
G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 2 16-11-2010 , 07:31 AM
Lifetime Member
Very nice by the sounds of it G-man...I havent seen it as you know...dont really intend to I dont think. I know its sacrelidge to say what I have said...but it was WAY too slow for me when I started to watch it. Like watching a fish go round and around the bowl for an hour before you get to see the cat eat it. LOL But thats my personal opinion...I know the art is fantastic that is true...but...as long as those who enjoy it...enjoy it then it is a good thing.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 16-11-2010 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
"I haven't watched either version of the extended release on the dvd yet, But it comes with original Theatrical Release, Collectors Extended cut (16 min additional footage) and also Special Edition re release with 8 minutes of additional footage".

wait 3 versons of the film I thought it was just the 2 Theatrical Release and Collectors Extended cut.

so is the Special Edition the Collectors Extended cut + 8 mins or the theatrical version +8 mins.

And thank god this one has extras - cheap double dipping gits

# 4 16-11-2010 , 01:14 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Re: Avatar 3 Disk Special Edition

Originally posted by legendofzombi
I saw somewhere also that a portion of the proceeds are going towards the Avatar project, which James Cameron started as an initiative to plant and have adopted 1,000,000,000 trees across the world, a worthy cause i would say.

lol, it's probably taken "1,000,000,000" trees to make all those special edition cardboard-hard-backed-cardboard-sleeved-free-booklet-included 3 disc specials.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 16-11-2010 , 02:37 PM
Lifetime Member
LMFAO steve...they are plantation trees these days mate...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 16-11-2010 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
Lol Steve you're probably right.

Tweet: Its original Theatrical release...then the re release they did in the theater a few minutes ago, + an additional 8 minutes on top of that...Then the Special Extended edition for the dvd which has 16 minutes of additional footage.
also over 3 hours of extra / deleted scenes, ...be nice if there was an option to play with all the extra deleted scenes in the movie chronologically...I've seen a few dvd's with that option.....though i cant think of when i have 6 hours to spare to sit and watch a movie...
g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!