Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-02-2007 , 07:26 AM

Dinamics_sprites!!!

Ok i will begin this threat by talking about sprites and i have an example. I made a plane on fire using sprites & multistreak. The images of the smoke are from a render of a fluid smoke with 40 images.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-02-2007 , 07:28 AM
Here is another picture of the scene.I tweaked the smoke trail a lot. I would like to know you opinion and see some of your examples using sprites.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 11-02-2007 , 07:31 AM
Well, as I can't see the animated product, I can't say much...

One thing that I can suggest (if you haven't done it already) to make a more believable piece is to set up some opacity on the sprites.

Like a quick fade-in from 0 opacity to 100 over the course of its birth to maybe 3-5% of its life, and then slowly have it "die out" and lower the opacity over the rest of its life.

If you don't know how to mess around with ramps to do this, let me know and I'll elaborate user added image

# 4 11-02-2007 , 07:40 AM
Thank but no i put some opacitypp with a ramp but maibe i made it too thick, i will make it more transparent using opacity and i put a scaleypp & scalexpp and a lot of ramps and expressions & fields. I leaned all of this stuff from lots of tutorials

# 5 11-02-2007 , 10:59 PM
So this is a "threat"? Hmmm. user added image

Your smoke trail is the same size from the beginning to the end. Look at the way the jet trail increases in size from the back of the plane to the end of the trail, then look at your black smoke. You'll need to set the time & scale properties to adjust for those.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 6 12-02-2007 , 10:47 AM
As i sad before i pus a scalexpp & scaleypp meaning that it becomes smaller. The fact that you don't see it smaller is because i set up a turbulence field and put an expression on the magnitude and it makes it change it's direction.It isn't going in a straight line.

# 7 12-02-2007 , 05:36 PM
Okay, then adjust it so that it looks correct because as it is, it does not look correct. The smoke should start smaller off the wind then grow bigger and more faded.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 8 13-02-2007 , 05:42 AM
Ahh , i put the ramps with oposed to what you sad. It starts big & ends small.