Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-07-2003 , 08:21 PM

Ahh the Members Lounge

This is a pubic message directed to Kevin and the other mods. I dont know how long this site has been around, or how long it has taken to grow to this rather large and diverce group of people. All other, and I do mean all other comunties with this many people start to realy have alot of problems. Not that SM isn't growing some of its own. I am posting to just to say, that even when members are ranting and raving about something stupid, or causeing trouble over a just cause, the SM Mods, for the most part, (Adl user added image ) have handled things very well. I have been a member for almost half a year i can clearly say, i am proud to be a member of the Simply Maya fourm. The forums of the Simply 3d World Group are so well ran, that people will go on forums about programs they have never used, and are welcomed with open arms. Good job!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 2 28-07-2003 , 08:25 PM
Yes, I have never seen a community function like the simply 3d world community.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 28-07-2003 , 08:29 PM

Re: Ahh the Members Lounge

Originally posted by Ultragames
I am posting to just to say, that even when members are ranting and raving about something stupid, or causeing trouble over a just cause, the SM Mods, for the most part, (Adl user added image )

talking about me? hehe

yes it is very true. but don't forget the rest. not only adl is a important part of SM. Without David this page would not exist...he coded it and he is still coding new stuff. Without Kevin the layout would not exist and all the content. Without the mods everyone would spam like a wasp drowned in a beer.
And without the members this wouldn't be a maya communtiy.

and don't forget who is entertaining us with incredible models:

Kurt
Brian Ellebracht
Mike
Howardporter (is he mod,yet? if not then it's time)
and the other profs

well...I am proud,too to be a member of SM. I renember my first post. With my first post I got my name "da depressed n00b". Adl is still calling me da depressed n00b..sometimes "dasillyn00b" :saywhat:

hehe

# 4 29-07-2003 , 11:23 AM

when members are ranting and raving about something stupid, or causeing trouble

Hey who put their beer on my "a**hole of the month" trophy case? user added image

# 5 29-07-2003 , 11:38 AM
lol probably kev, he must be turning to the bottle by now based on the number of arguments in the making that are starting to simmer all over the place... lol cant we all just get along? user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 29-07-2003 , 01:29 PM
Kevin
nice post matey!

Yep Its a cool place - sure we get a few rants! but thats life isnt it?

We could all hang about pretending we have no feelings like some places, but I like a little rawness (thats why adls a mod) user added image

some of the things here get a little out of hand but I will always let certain rants be as they bring life into the board and make me feel at home user added image

# 7 29-07-2003 , 08:15 PM

.. This is a pubic message ...

Hehehe ... I knew there was something hairy about this post. :p

Originally posted by EagleKing
.. well...I am proud,too to be a member of SM. I renember my first post. With my first post I got my name "da depressed n00b". Adl is still calling me da depressed n00b..sometimes "dasillyn00b" :saywhat: ...

Lol, I remember he started with this "I don´t know Maya like you guys, I want to cry ... " and all that .. we just had to mess him up. user added image

Don´t know what he says about dasillyn00b ... then again, we know he´s kinda weird. :p

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
.. lol cant we all just get along? ...

Nope. Hell shall freeze before SM becomes a purley pacific budist kind of shitty comunity. Conflict makes it all the more worthwhile ... as long as they have a positive outcome. :2gunfire: :headbang: :finger2: :mingun: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Kevin
.. We could all hang about pretending we have no feelings like some places, but I like a little rawness (thats why adls a mod)

Ha, so now I´m raw? For your own perverted entertainment? to make you feel at home? Go see 60 minutes! you you .. stupid*.

*Would have loved to say one of those F word ones, but argh .. trying to go non-conflict for a little while.

# 8 29-07-2003 , 08:23 PM

Re: Re: Ahh the Members Lounge

Originally posted by adldesigner
Don´t know what he says about dasillyn00b ... then again, we know he´s kinda weird. :p

COME HERE I WANT TO EAT YOU BUT BEFORE SHAVE YOUR ARMS THEY ARE TOO HAIRY I CAN'T EAT YOUR HAIRS THEY AIN'T THAT TASTY !!!!

:saywhat: :headbang:
user added image

# 9 29-07-2003 , 09:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Ahh the Members Lounge

Originally posted by EagleKing
COME HERE I WANT TO EAT YOU BUT BEFORE SHAVE YOUR ARMS THEY ARE TOO HAIRY I CAN'T EAT YOUR HAIRS THEY AIN'T THAT TASTY !!!!

:saywhat: :headbang:
user added image

You trully are weird, mate. :p

# 10 30-07-2003 , 10:31 PM
great post lol, all admins do a great job, not forgeting M for organising all the competitions and battles togeather, and cali for being just a nice guy!

FX supervisor - double negative
# 11 30-07-2003 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
Yes indeed! thanks guys!

and thanks Kevin for giving me all thos FREE vip points user added image

( a guy can dream right?)